The BS

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Squirrel and I found out that if you kill the BS without using the seals, you don't get any item. Any idea what's up with that?

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
How does killing him without seals make me a farmer? We're TRAINING. Ya know, the thing where you kill creatures and gains you exp?

Yeah, that.

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
We want the item, but we weren't there FOR the item.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If ya want the item - activate the seals, that simple. ;)

• Admin

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Besides, it's more fun and challenging to wail on 'im >_>

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Would be nice if he dropped an item no matter what (unless he dies from walking into the lava... as I have about 200 times when blind). Haven't you ever noticed that when you use the seals on a decently sized server there are still people hitting him? What do we do if he dies from somebody smacking him with a Granite Maul while seals are being used, then he dies from Granite Maul dude after being crippled by Seals?

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
cant you call him Garon... BS... sounds like BullShit or something like that

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You can still kill him with your own attacks, as long as you activate the seals at least once. Squirrel and I did it. Also, I'm pretty sure that it's monster clipped so that he can't get into the lava. Though, I have seen one of his knight's heads bobbing up and down in there. But then again, that was one of the knights from above and the floor pulled back, allowing him to fall.

And the BS is easier to remember than Garanroth or whatever.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Lord BS used to be quite fitting... Although we actually have a fair number of players who can take him toe to toe now... It used to be Lord BS was such... BS.... That I refused to setup a map in such a way that you were *forced* to fight him toe to toe (ie. there had to be some way to defeat him through teamwork, without the need to try to beat him with brute strength).

On the other side of the coin, since I realized we now have a few players who can take Lord BS out in a number of seconds, given the right circumstances, I decided to make them at least work for the new items via the seals - since, apparently, they are more of a challenge than the 6000hp 200dmg/sec script o BS.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Does he truly drop something if you use the seal/volcano on him once? It didn't seem like it for me... three times he died after a long time of some others, along with I, abusing him but when he died from actual player attacks each time nothing dropped...

What a nuisance for him to drop for you but not for me!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you activate the seals, the anvil will re-appear after he dies, you'll get an info message describing what is inside of it. Go click +use on the anvil to get your prize (one of three random blunts).

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Oh? Well that's cool :D
Probably never worked on my own server when I attempted to host it & do such because of how laggy mine gets when other people join. My server only lags because the computer I use outdates Jesus Christ, runs like a Macintosh computer using Windows XP.