The Island [WIP]

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
map11ti.jpg

map22lv.jpg

It's not much at the moment, spent about 3 hours working on the terrain. The rock wall is definately incomplete, there will be a cave going into there, it will most likely be a three map series featuring the island, the caves, and the underwater ruins. The island will be full of ruins, it'll be a place of exploration rather than killing. I have a lot of work to do. ;P

Bobster1234

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't know, it looks a little "over done"? I think it is just me.

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Crow said:
I like your terrain-based brushwork :wink:
I learned it a while back from one of the mappers for quest, he was really good, forget his name though. There'll be a lot more to come, a lot of ruins based out of caves, mostly underwater caves, some will be half flooded, it'll be cool. The rock wall will be overdone too. :)

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
was it gaz or ramariez?(probably spelled that wrong)

sounds cool

and just so you know, certain people get all flustered when you post big 'ol pictures, so i'd suggest just linking them. but i don't really care :wink:

Scottc

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Crow said:
was it gaz or ramariez?(probably spelled that wrong)

sounds cool

and just so you know, certain people get all flustered when you post big 'ol pictures, so i'd suggest just linking them. but i don't really care :wink:

I think his name may have been Dan..... But yea, my thread, my super huge pictures. If they are too big for certain people, then their resolution is too small for this day and age, 1024x1280 or bigger.

Wolfhound

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The problem is, with the forums, the pictures don't reach the edge of the screen. They don't even reach the edge of the browser window. I'm running 1280x1024 resolution and I have to scroll over to see the whole picture.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Scottc said:
1024x1280
Is this '1024x1280' something new? I've heard of widescreen, but this seems like... 'highscreen' to me. Is it any good? I use 1280x1024 myself by the way. :p

And I like your map (from what I can see in two '1024x1280' images). You should use a tad more detail on the cliff surface. More bumps and roughness.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
looks like u made your terrain in vertex manipulation,
and you grabbed them in squares and pulled either up or down.
I suggest grabbing them individually, it makes em more natural and fluid... or w/e lol... :D

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Looks good to me... Be careful of that method though - it can drive FPS up the wall if you are not careful, and has leak potential. It also makes it very hard to place anything on the terrain without overlapping brushes, so while you deform your terrain, be sure to conform to a very specific grid.

PS. Please LINK any pictures larger than 600px accross. :D So we don't get this forum stretching crap.