Valve Hammer Editor not working.

Xenman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
When i open up VHE, it seems not to work. I tried opening the program in the Valve Hammer Editor folder (hammer.exe) and for some reason, it still does not work. All it seems to do is load like a normal program, then it doesn't show up. Any suggestions?

It appears to run in the background but still, I cannot see it.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Try reinstalling, try downloading from another source (file could have been corrupted/damaged), other than this, i cant say much, maybe its related to your computer's system.

Xenman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Try reinstalling, try downloading from another source (file could have been corrupted/damaged), other than this, i cant say much, maybe its related to your computer's system.

Well unless valve hammer editor doesn't work on windows 7, i guess i'll try to re-install it from another site (any suggestions?)

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
VHE works fine on Windows 7.

Xenman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
jon50559 said:
VHE works fine on Windows 7.

Then it must be the site, know any good ones that i can get VHE off?

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Check the mapping section, it had some links to beginners, including VHE i think. Though most links were broken back then when i tried downloading them. You can also google it like i did :wink:

Xenman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
Check the mapping section, it had some links to beginners, including VHE i think. Though most links were broken back then when i tried downloading them. You can also google it like i did :wink:

Strange, i installed it from one of the links in the Hammer tutorial and still, all it does is load and never show up...

Xenman

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Another thing i forgot to take into account is the fact that it used to work before.