Wall of text of suggestions

Kraden

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Just gonna get right down to it...
Haven't been on the forums in a while, so... Here goes I guess...

My suggestions are gonna be split into parts.
So you guys have easy trolling...

Here's my general suggestions/improvements. I've talked with some people about these and they said they'd be hard to implement, but I'd still like to see them worked on or even put into the mod one day.

~ Suggestions

- To start I guess, is an idea I had for the Golden Platemail. Instead of making it look like yellow plastic, why not add a chrome map to it? (In lament's terms, teh shiny stuffz u seez on teh UGA)

- Maybe, possibly, perhaps, finish Erkold's Family Quest? Hmm?

- I and a few others have thought of this. Instead of having maps with the same goal over and over (i.e, follow linear path, kill all that moves, recieve loot) and having to grind all the time, it'd be nice to see some maps with an actual goal.
- Stabilize the_wall to keep me from wanting to give people crests that say "Beware of oversrs player"

- Add more of a... Direction to the mod. When you start out, you really don't know where to go or what to do other than keep killing rats... Main questline would be good too. :wink:

- AI is terribad. 'Nuff said.

- Borderlandje: I also think we should be able to get some armour from events like mini-games.

- Spells are kinda... Fubar'd. I mean, you should be able to get all the low level spells in a town, instead of having to do a high level map, for a low level scroll/tome.

- Borderlandje: I'd like to see a special armour where you need to get the items from killing NPCs. Like the rat pelts but rarer. I'd also like to see some buried treasure type minigame.

~ Questions

- Would it be possible to add stats to items? You know, to easily tell what's better, what's not.

- Is there a way to maybe update the item icons?

I'll add onto this as I come up with ideas and questions... Let me know what you think. Try not to be TOO critic about it.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Kraden said:
- Maybe, possibly, perhaps, finish Erkold's Family Quest? Hmm?

On the to-do list

Kraden said:
- I and a few others have thought of this. Instead of having maps with the same goal over and over (i.e, follow linear path, kill all that moves, recieve loot) and having to grind all the time, it'd be nice to see some maps with an actual goal.

Terminology - You're doing it wrong. You dislike maps with goals, so you want maps with goals. Explain >_>

Kraden said:
- Would it be possible to add stats to items? You know, to easily tell what's better, what's not.
There's really no good way to do this, as items have arbitrary values for things like damage and accuracy that would make no sense if given out. Also, we don't really do GUIs.

Kraden said:
- Is there a way to maybe update the item icons?

If you make us some item sprites in the 256 color pallette and compile them into the inventory sprite

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
About the chrome map:

Theres also the option of adding a slightly bigger duplicate of the model and add a chromed additive, giving it a shiny look

Kraden

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Kraden said:

The Man In Black said:
Terminology - You're doing it wrong. You dislike maps with goals, so you want maps with goals. Explain >_>

What I mean is, it'd be nice to see a differential from the usual hack n' slash.

Glorfindel

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
FER said:
About the chrome map:

Theres also the option of adding a slightly bigger duplicate of the model and add a chromed additive, giving it a shiny look

i've had this idea for years, it doubles the amount of polies unless you optimize though. and it'd take some testing to actually get a "nice" looking chrome texture.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Yeah, better leave it for some specific models.
Also works for giving the model an outline of sorts

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Speaking of icons, any idea of implementing my status icons?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Might be possible now that we fixed the hud tga scale issue... Although I'm not sure if that fix applies to the hud icons as well... >_> (I *think* it does...)

This is all I have since The Great Crash of '09 though:
status_icons.gif

Need 64x64 alpha indexed images - preferably two color, as above (blue transparent - absolute threshold).

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I have the icons here - I'll host them and send them over tomorrow afternoon.