Wizard Wars Bots

Fa Hai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I have been attempting to play Wizard Wars with Bots, at first I had the problem that some people seem to have where the bots quit the game as soon as they join. I followed the instructions given here

https://www.msremake.com/threads/wizard-wars.5639/

And it fixed it expect that was last night, today I have tried playing matches and the first match I played went fine that was until around half way through when all the bots started slowly quitting the game one by one until there was nobody left. From then on any match I started had no bots in them and I had to spawn them in, only for them to quit again one by one. I really don't understand this, the solution was working perfectly fine last night, I don't know what could have changed.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh jeeze, it's been a long time since I messed with those rocket crowbar based metamod bots. Don't recall that particular problem, but I do believe there are some cvars regarding ratio of players to bots and such, so it may get confused. It maybe Half-Life has updated so many times since the mod was made that the old metamod included can no longer detect player join/leave proper. Might also cause problems if you keep the same map running beyond the mp_timelimit, thus the bots think it is time to log off and switch maps. Dunno if there's a new metamod that would fix that without breaking the plugin.

Looking, it seems we sadly did not include this stuff in the settings.scr, and sadly the INI doesn't have anything.

HPB_bot_ReadMe.txt does describe the use of the HPB_bot command, however. You can "HPB_Bot addbot" to add a new one at any time, and the HPB_bot.cfg contains most all the cvars they use. Make sure it is executed in your server/listenserver.cfg.

Fa Hai

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The problem seems to have resolved itself and went as soon as it came. As it seems that every other game I have played since has had no such problems. I even changed the match settings a few times, which I was hesitant to do since I thought this might have caused the problem last time. So hopefully this problem does not arise again.