WtfZ?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Send the RMF to spam(at)thothie.com and I'll send you something back.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Linky no worky.

E-mail it as an attatchment to spam(at)thothie.com (where you see "(at)" replace with "@")

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I must have somehow not seen the 3 digit code prompt... (Actually, the server may have been down, all I got was the ad)

Well, seems we've who made that new island1.bsp map that's been going around.

In the future DO NOT TEST YOUR MAPS ON FN. Use sv_lan 1, and if you need a test character, IM me, I'll get you one, or your FN character, whichever you prefer.

That having been said, the map's sufficient enough to get you a whole script list. I'll need to get a chance to go over it with the entity comb before I can send you your list.

I'd recommend having a lot less active monsters, and maybe turning some of those func_wall'd trees into 1 unit gap top&bottom trees.

BTW - Did I break the Cavebat's in DEC2006? Or is this a new thing... (I just fixed em by alias'ing them with the basic bat and giving them cavebat stats - easier that way.)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Wow Kokris, did you make "msc_rivine"? It looks pretty awesome, nice job!

Out of curiosity though, do you know why there's a map circulating named "island1" that looks exactly the same as your map?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I have heard an unconfirmed rumor that a dude named Oedipus made the map "island1". That would mean that you, Kokris, got hold of that map and renamed it to "msc_rivine".

Post screenshots of you editing the map in Hammer. Clear screenshots with lots of detail, please.

Edit: Or better yet, to really prove the map is yours, send the source file (RMF) to Thothie.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... Hmmmmmmmmm....

Yeah, I'd hate to do this to you, but yer kinda red-flagged due to your hosting that amx_godmode server wayback. Yer going to have to send me the RMF, or I'll have to assume you're just trying to get the script list to cheat with, in which case I'd have to do nasty things to your FN character. ;)

Out of curiosity, Kokris, what is your Steam account name?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
chrissenneck is now playing Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.
Saint Thoth says:
Yoh... Are you that Korkis666 kid that made Island1.bsp?
chrissenneck says:
Nope sry
chrissenneck says:
go by oedipus ingame
Saint Thoth says:
Hmm... I have a map made by someone with your account name :/
chrissenneck says:
maywel be me i did start a fe
chrissenneck says:
w
Saint Thoth says:
Korkis is claiming credit for it
chrissenneck says:
:/
Saint Thoth says:
I was suspicious that he might just be trying to get the script list.
chrissenneck says:
well may jsut be same mapname?
Saint Thoth says:
well... it IS island1.bsp - he renamed it msc_rivine.bsp
Saint Thoth says:
same map though
chrissenneck says:
I mean I did post about that island map ages ago on forums i dont think i gave away sorce to anyone
chrissenneck says:
lost itmyself
Saint Thoth says:
forest, lots of trees func_walled - boars in one area, bats in another, cave with goblins
chrissenneck says:
sounds right
chrissenneck says:
beach area at start
chrissenneck says:
grass waterfall
Saint Thoth says:
Yeah, so, he's using your work to try to help him cheat...
chrissenneck says:
goblins past water
Saint Thoth says:
I have a character to delete...
chrissenneck says:
:)
Saint Thoth says:
Shame you lost the source
Saint Thoth says:
map has been becoming popular
chrissenneck says:
nice , i never got round to finnishing it pity
Saint Thoth says:
well, if you ever want to make another MSC map - send me a PM and I'll send YOU the script list. ;)

So, should I just delete Korkis, seeing as how I already gave him a partial script list that he's no doubt used to cheat by now?

PS. Now that I've verified the source, I've put it up on the download page and on the beta server.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Ok, he's lying, but what proof is there that he's actually CHEATED with it? There's no exploiting FN anymore, so his server would HAVE to be connected to FN and visible on the server list, so woulddn't someone have seen it?

Then again, I'm all for deleting him for fun. Acehigh, too.

Kokris666

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was going to send you the whole script list... But then I remembered you've been a naughty boy before, haven't you? :wink:

thats what thoth said.. what am i gonna do with some noub items? i mean really now i can't even fucking map for christ sake

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You personally asked for the fire dart and erratic lightning scrolls. You can derive all the scrolls real easily from those script names. I gave you the majority of the script list, including those. You've no other reason to ask for them other than to cheat... and you've cheated before.

Kokris666

New Adventurer
Reaction score
zomg man... your loller funny you really are i mean really uber funny all i wanted was lightning thing and thats all and you sent me that list so blame yourself man and no i didnt cheat with it because how the fuck could i using some noob spells? am i gonna join and say "LOOK AT MEH I GOT ERRATIC LIGHTNING :D" and most players do... so really your at fault here

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, just because you fool a poor retarded boy into giving you the bank vault keys - doesn't mean you don't go to jail.

Kokris666

New Adventurer
Reaction score

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
You can derive all the scrolls real easily from those script names

Why else would you lie about making a map to get it?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I like how Kokris is only MAKING himself look guilty of something by putting up a half-assed argument that places the blame on Thothie.

Thothie - It really doesn't look like he's trying to CHEAT, so much as just be an asshole and steal someone else's map.

Kokris - Show some f*cking respect you little spaz -.-

And I went back to reread the whole topic and noticed he removed the first post. So, in case he removes the second one (which was a repeat), here it is:

Im currently making my own little map called msc_river_canyon and i was wondering whats the cmd to put erratic lighting scroll in a chest for reward on hammer or as a spawner? because

http://www.thothie.com/ms/ms_items.txt does not list how... and yes its a newb map lol..

Kokris666

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i dont care what you think man all i was doing was getting shitty lightning and this is just silly cause im at school right now with all my friends

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Hey look, I care that you're at school with "all your friends"