Beta Worldmap Discussion

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
if other people are going to making pirate ships and what not then I can just scrap my work. Besides my boat compared to Ricklers looks like a ship wreck. I was also making an island for the pirate crew, after all if the Pirates of Dreadwind exist they need a hidehout.

Though it could be done in a way that randomly my pirate ship attacks the other ship and then the crew of the other ship can either join with the pirates or stay with that ship and continue on there way. Joining the pirate crew would take them to the Dreadwind hideout where they could gain access to the booty if they can kill the captain of the dreadwind, which technically would be me, so I would be a boss?

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
So will ww3d be connected with lolagain-1? Or will the end of ww3d always read "to be continued..."?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
IDK - What does Crow think? If Lodagond and WW were to be tied together, it maybe just best to have it go back to Hall of Deralia where the quest begins - but if we were to stick to the original plot and go for three scrolls of power, the two series would be seperated again.

IARI

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
So...what exactly was the Problem with updating the Worldmap-Image again? the Background ??

Ó_ò

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Mostly I'm busy...

Also that it's gotten so cluttered that this layout doesn't really work anymore.

Also that I was hoping to make one that would work with our forums so we could abandon our WoW background.

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Isles of Dread does not equal Dreadwind, no.

Thothie, FYI the original concept I had in mind included a 4 map gauntlet series in which players landed on the shores of Dreadwind, the island off the southwest of Daragoth, that includes Lor Malgoriand's castle at the end. Was to be literally "endgame".

And it appears that I just found the link to my description of it in a seperate thread.

So yeah, discussion over. <_<

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Didnt Dreadwind used to be a continent?
The bludgeons fled to Dreadwind before their final demise.

Rickler

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
here's a neat old paper texture the daragoth map could go on
oldmap.jpg

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Can we get an updated map ffs? Don't make me make one >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I don't think I can make one with this method anymore - too many maps, not enough room. All the new methods I come up with would take a lot of time away from code/scripts.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Enlighten me, you're not the only one that follows the way of the shop.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
it'd be nice to even have one that just had a white background, so the nubs know where transitions are...maybe gertenheld won't be so obscure for em?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Enlighten me, you're not the only one that follows the way of the shop.

What dosth thou need enlightening on? :/

There's no nice way to do this without either splitting the map into parts, or making it some sort of interactive flash thing. The maps are just too densely packed, and some are connected in ways that are physically impossible. I think another geographical map is straight out due to that, and although I have one with just lines, that too, would just be far too densely packed to read.

So my idears are, make a hand drawn map with labels involving some odd machinations (like Alhundra desert stretching in an insane curve and actually tunneling under the frozen summit) and texture it, or, like I said above, interactive flash, or cut the world map into sections. Any of which would take quite a bit of time. Right now I just wanna get pet pokéballs working, then I’ll see about that, maybe. (Should be working on status icons, but waiting on artwork for those still.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
msc_wip_map4_thumb.gif
Best I can do with the line map so far...

Near as I can tell, for this to work, all the underground maps are under the Aluhandra desert which curves in from the west to the north-central lands of the continent. To make it real mappable, eventually, we’ll have to have separate underground and above ground maps, I suspect.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The badlands bone is not connected to the foutpost bone >_>

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
HTF were badlands and foutpost supposed to connect to the world? :\

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
originally, they were supposed to connect as they are right now.

it was later decided that foutpost didn't fit the scheme of the badlands series of maps...which are...still pending... so, it was discarded from the concept as an "unconnected" map, and could really be thrown anywhere it needs to be.

edit: also, what is "The haunted castle"?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
originally, they were supposed to connect as they are right now.

it was later decided that foutpost didn't fit the scheme of the badlands series of maps...which are...still pending... so, it was discarded from the concept as an "unconnected" map, and could really be thrown anywhere it needs to be.

edit: also, what is "The haunted castle"?
Barnum's Castle... Connects on the back side of sfor.

I'll just move Foutpost to disconnected maps, and let Badlands RIP. (Although I've a perfect connector for an evil lava map in mscave)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
As Squirrel said, Badlands is on Halier, foutpost is.......................somewhere................

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Shame... If I'd known that while I was still working on Daragoth I probably woulda snuck a trans for it there... Other than that, can't think of a good place to stick it... I *think* we have one more transition in Bloodrose I forgot to mark maybe we could use.