Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I r not saying u r lying...

Code:
{ game_dodamage //PARAM1=hit:0|1 PARAM2=ent_hit PARAM3=(start) PARAM4=(end) PARAM5=DmgType PARAM6=DmgAmt

if DEMON_RAGE_ON

if PARAM1

if $get(PARAM2,relationship,ent_owner) equals enemy

if ( $get(PARAM2,race) equals undead ) local IS_IMMUNE 1

if ( !IS_IMMUNE ) local IS_IMMUNE $get(PARAM2,scriptvar,'IMMUNE_VAMPIRE')
	if ( IS_IMMUNE ) dplayermessage ent_owner Bludgeon Hammer: $get(PARAM2,name) is immune to vampyric effects.
	if !IS_IMMUNE

local HEAL_AMT $get(PARAM2,scriptvar,'LAST_STRUCK_FOR')

multiply HEAL_AMT VAMPIRE_RATIO

local OWNER_HP_AFTER_HEAL $get(ent_owner,hp)
	add OWNER_HP_AFTER_HEAL HEAL_AMT

if OWNER_HP_AFTER_HEAL <= $get(ent_owner,maxhp)

effect glow ent_owner (255,0,0) 60 1 1
	playsound 0 10 player/heartbeat_noloop.wav

givehp ent_owner HEAL_AMT
}
...I r saying I dunno why.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Above image happened earlier with a thrown Unholy Blade....

Which could greatly be further improved by making it track enemies

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
Bludgeon hammers definitely don't leech every hit anymore. Not sure if this was intentional, but :oldcry:

Thothie said:
Code:
	local OWNER_HP_AFTER_HEAL $get(ent_owner,hp)
	add OWNER_HP_AFTER_HEAL HEAL_AMT

if OWNER_HP_AFTER_HEAL <= $get(ent_owner,maxhp)

What was your health like when you were seeing it not leech? Because it seems to me that if it would heal you above full, it doesn't heal you at all. Seems like it should heal you to max, but eh.

Only other thing I see that could be the cause is if LAST_STRUCK_FOR or VAMPIRE_RATIO register as zero.

Thothie said:
Code:
local HEAL_AMT $get(PARAM2,scriptvar,'LAST_STRUCK_FOR')

multiply HEAL_AMT VAMPIRE_RATIO

Are you getting the heartbeat sound when it doesn't heal?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Bludgeon Bludgeon script:
Code:
const VAMPIRE_RATIO 0.6

monsters/base_monster_shared.script
Code:
{ game_struck //<damage_taken>
	setvard LAST_STRUCK_FOR PARAM1
}

Can't duplicate on listen server nor on-line. *shrug*

I'd blame lag, but there's no client<->server interaction here save for the fx. It *maybe* in laggy situations the fx aren't being sent as fast as the effect actually takes place, in which case you are healing but you don't know it, but...

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Well yeah, I figured they were set up correctly, but somehow got messed up every once in a while. Like LAST_STRUCK_FOR gets set to a DOT before the health gain can kick in. Something crazy like that. My money would be on the health thing, though. If that isn't common knowledge, people may think a bug passed over their health gain.

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
I've noticed that the bludgeon hammer sometimes doesn't heal you as well. It's fucked me over about four times already, and when I die, I lose a fuck ton of EXP (100k-150k exp)

Very annoying bug, demonic bludgeon hammer seems to be unreliable at the moment.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
No it does not play a heartbeat sound when it does not heal. I figured it had something to do with "I had too much HP" but sometimes my HP will get down to 300 and it won't even heal me...

It is definitely bugged.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Any other vampyric weapons having similar issues? They all work pretty much the same way.

Cuz... All of my shrugs.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Nope, I have noticed that sometimes Vampire Blood doesn't work on specific enemies (I think?) like the baby ogres in underpath. Whether it's due to the weapon I'm using, that does fire damage (confused for DOT maybe?) idunno :?

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
ww2b ----> ww3d, six players in-game, being killerfreak, douby, Calcifer, Oyster, Xentoes and me.
All but Xentoes and me (PHEW) got hit by the 5 HP bug. I took several screenshots.

Edit: Here is one.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
The message "your character did not load properly. Try exiting the game and restarting" DOES seem to be working, at least. Unfortunately, restarting the game is not working.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yup - there's no way it should be saving that way, and yet somehow it is... Beginning to wonder if something is up with the central server program itself, but the damned thing's so simple, I don't see how. (Also, given when this mess all started, that wouldn't make much sense.)

Jonzay

Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Since the FEB Patch, my Galat Chest says it's full. Taking out an item that should free up a slot, it says its still full.

Bugged chest, Glitchy item or downsized Galat chest?

(Character slot 1, steam ID STEAM_0:1:10951502)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
[edit: Scratch that, I'm mixing up your bank dump with Zeus's in the log...] Not seeing a lot of corrupt items at first glance... Though it's pretty stuffed.

Chest holds the same amount it did in SEP2013, more or less, however, it's never worked by item count, but by item script name and string size. It is a bit more careful about overflows that may strip characters and create corrupt entries in the process. So, if you're trying to put in something with a particularly long script name (for instance say, a lich tongue), it may not be finding sufficient free string space in any of the nine available string slots.

Safest thing to do is to remove everything you can and use the resetbank console command. (No doubt painful, given that you've got 136 things in there.)

BankDump StringSize/Max said:
[ b1 232 / 158 ]
[ b2 236 / 158 ]
[ b3 230 / 158 ]
[ b4 230 / 158 ]
[ b5 241 / 158 ]
[ b6 220 / 158 ]
[ b7 239 / 158 ]
[ b8 226 / 158 ]
[ b9 236 / 158 ]
...and yeah, all your strings are potentially overflowing, so you'd have to remove quite a bit of stuff before you could add more without risking item corruption, which the chest shouldn't allow you to do.

Sataniac

New Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Bleh, rant inc.
With the new patch, it's not worth the hassle to play "long maps". (Even though you want that sweet item/journey trying out a new map.)
There's a 99% chance that it WILL crash. Especially on the bosses.
Even though everyone is cautious with what spells they are using etc. putting shields in the bags instead of the back, picking up every gold bag so less entity's are on the map and such but it will go down, even more than Paris Hilton.
End rant.

I know it's pretty unstable at the moment, new patch, shields gone ape-shit and dropping performances, crashes happens more frequently, and other thingadingdongs that makes the life of us MS:C players hard. :(

I hope you guys can find the issues/bugs, hunt them down and "kill" them.

Satan out.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, i love new things/patches etc. I just needed to vent a bit.

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
The game is especially prone of crashing on bosses, so climatic! The crash in mention is bloodshrine, though..

Also not sure if we did something wrong, but sorcs were hostile. No Shaman spawned...

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Haven't had any problems with Bloodshrine myself. Pretty sure the shaman should spawn regardless, but did you have a blood drinker on you?

D.Drew

Adventurer
Reaction score
Lucifer Majiskus said:
Hmm... I don't think we did. :eek:

Next time you run bloodshrine, carry a blood drinker on at least one of you and see if the shaman spawns.

Old Moose

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hope this is the proper place for this...

In orc_for, the comically large door behind the battle trolls won't open if someone joins the server AFTER the battle trolls spawn.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Odd... I'll have to see if they are on a counter, or using the potentially bugggy fireallperish bit - though if that really is consistently the case, and they are using it, might give us some hint as to why fireallpersish be so buggy.

edit:
Looking at it, it is indeed using fireallperish - but they have one life each, and there's not a lot of them, so it shouldn't trip that bug... Replacing it with a counter, however, is tricky, as different numbers spawn depending on the total HP of players present - which is more likely to be the source of the problem, but so many spawners work like this on self-adjusting maps, that ya think it'd come up more often. Might be a result of combining the two functions... Hrmmm... how fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.