INFO Latest Update News

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
i'm willing to test, though i got to go work at 4pm GMT+1 today and will return at around 11pm to midnight, tommorow i go to work at sametime and return at sametime, so it means i can pull an all nighter to test, on the 20th january i have full day shifts, so it will be much harder to accomplish any testing since i will have less time to do so. :wink:

Also my old desktop power supply burnt on the 28th december 4-5 years ago, lucky me my ordered gaming laptop come around 2 months later (bought a new power supply for the desktop before that on the 5th january), then i completly ignored the desktop, since all i could play in it was ms:c (and still crashed alot due to lack of ram). A year later or so, i tried using the desktop again and it seemed to have given up on life completly (power switch was doing nothing, tried direct wire contact to power it on, still no go), RIP old desktop, been a companion for like 5 or 6 years, and now it's in a pile of trash back in portugal, in my parent's home. Only thing that was left for use was the monitor and the mouse, i kept the mouse and still use it today (6 year old mouse ftw!) and my bro took the monitor away for some testing... :roll:

franky200

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
I might be able to from GMT-5 4:00 PM to around 12 AM

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... Well, I gotta go deliver stuffs for now... When I get back, I'll see about rigging a test up and PM all the volunteers here - only need two folks on to be sure. Probably just patch one FN port, setup mah server, and see how it goes. It *should* behave, it's simple enough a function, I just hate doing "emergency" patches.

edit: back
Progress:
check.png Updating dlls
check.png Updating security
check.png recompiling some damn map one last time
check.png Generate Map Hashes
check.png Update FN Hashes
check.png Patch port
check.png Compile Betapack
check.png Patch server
check.png Uploaded (damn dat took forevah)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alrightie then, let me send out these PM's and get mah server running.

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
If the club ain't closed yet I will too.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not closed yet... At the moment, I can't get my damn server to connect to FN... Hrmm...

Don't think it's even receiving. :evil:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
/me kicks server a few times...

Okay, seems to be going now... PM bomb sent. I'll be out for a wee bit to deal with the queen of the damned, but I'll be idle in there, and brb.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeah, Lockdown can't either...

Ports are open... Everything looks good... DNS is resolving right... I can connect locally... *sigh* I dunno. :\

Hrmm... I may have to go out to the car and get the fat laptop, and use it as a server...

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
I can host a listen server (shudder)

No software for dedicated though.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, if ya can PM me an IP we can try that... I don't think my router is configed for the fat laptop anymore anyways, and I canna think of a reason why this wouldn't work...

I had an RDP open to the RKS server, which I just closed, but I doubt that was the problem.

...I should probably update the HLDS too... But ya think there'd be some sign of life, even if that was the problem.

I'll have to let you borrow the 5711 FN port too.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alright, sent Lockdown the temporary FN info... I'm gonna shut this thing down and update it until I hear back.

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
connect 24.185.238.75:27015

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Glow spell seems to be completely broken. (Less than previous SC 1 glow, with SC level 29)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, glow randomly applies to another player under that patch. So, with teamwork, I *guess* you can use it. >< But, meh, yeah, needs fixing before release. Too many maps require glow.

Still wonder why my server bjorked... Meh, prob something funky going on with my router.

PS. BTW guys, I'm going to have to give the *11 FN guys their port back, eventually. So, ummm... Yeah. ;)

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
looks like someone was not in the spider cave and one of them teleported away or into a wall can't get to fire giant also while doing the elf part he kept reappearing in bed and you have to wake him to get back to the fight

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The latter is as intended - though the animations are messed in that patch. You have to attempt to wake him again to rejoin the dream battle.

If a phase spider teleported into a wall (something it shouldn't be able to do), it should *eventually* teleport back to its initial position. They don't teleport to melee range for more than a few seconds at a time. :\

It shouldn't teleport to the surface - shouldn't teleport to anything it can't "see"... But if it somehow did... Gah, it might be crawling on the sky somewhere, if it didn't come home... Hrmmm...

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
well the portal to go back to spawn is there but not the one to go to the fire giant

Edit: and now the portal back to spawn just vanished

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ya went and killed the spiders without killing the frost giant. The way the map is setup, it figures if you weren't man enough to take out the frost giant construct, it better not let you at the fire giant construct.

Not sure about the return portal vanishing - maybe the frost giant was slain after?

jon50559

Adventurer
Crusaders
RiP
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Reaction score
They had killed the Frost Giant beforehand, that's why it's such a weird problem. :?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmmmm... Might have to experiment with the entity chains there... Though that server had been through a lot without a reset. I suppose you could try to duplicate the issue in dev mode.

Meanwhile, I'm having a hard tracking what the issue with this glow is... I hope I don't have to go back to the old system - this one's saving a lot of overhead - and it'd be nice not to have to go into full nova mode.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
After hauling the fat laptop out from the car for a "multiplayer" test... and many hours of hacking later...

Got it! :D

Glow fixed... I, really, just gotta learn to stop trying to delete arrays... Buggers up... Okay, now to package this all up again, upload it again... and to see if RKS is still awake after that's all done...

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Glow fixed... I, really, just gotta learn to stop trying to delete arrays... Buggers up... Okay, now to package this all up again, upload it again... and to see if RKS is still awake after that's all done...

That was fast... let's hope rks is still up, i want to play this tommorow when i wake up, sadly that those portal buggers happened on that single run i did >_<