Moving to Source

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Gawd! About time. EoL was the sister mod of MS:C that was raped by the evils of inactivity. Hopefully MS for source shall not also be the sister that is raped by the inactivity of its devlopers.

Wow..wtf was that?! Lolz! Sorry guys. Great job on taking the big step forward! It's a new baby mod! I can't wait to watch it grow. I wish all of the dev team lots of luck and take every obstical as a challenge. You are everyone's hero for taking this mod to yet another level.

And about the top note, I think I just wanted to get raped and sister in the same sentence, which worked out quite nicely. :oldlol:

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
Red Cell said:
Gawd! About time. EoL was the sister mod of MS:C that was raped by the evils of inactivity. Hopefully MS for source shall not also be the sister that is raped by the inactivity of its devlopers.

Wow..wtf was that?! Lolz! Sorry guys. Great job on taking the big step forward! It's a new baby mod! I can't wait to watch it grow. I wish all of the dev team lots of luck and take every obstical as a challenge. You are everyone's hero for taking this mod to yet another level.

And about the top note, I think I just wanted to get raped and sister in the same sentence, which worked out quite nicely. :oldlol:

yea... ne ways hopefully this will bring more people to the forums and it will not be "inactive" anymore becuase of that... i know ill always check the forums for updates, just as i do quests ... even if it does go in active... plus this team has already completely revived an old mod i think they can revive theyre own :p ... ne ways good luck guys n if u ever need someone for textures or a lazy mapper XD im always here.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
On a side note: ever since the character deletion thread, MS: C's population went down really fast. It's been ages since I've seen somebody from my guild online. So if you guys ever get to making MasterSword: Source, don't pull crap like that :p

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Has been a really, really, long time since I posted, well I'm very happy that it's moving to source! I hope the memory leak will GTFO so I can host a server, and btw, Hl2 doesn't need a THAT good comp.

Also I would love to see some models so I could try my skinning : P.

PS: I also need a model viewer for Hl2 D:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
To play Half-Life 2 on cra... DirectX 7.0 mode, you would need:

1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

Oh come on, it's not that hard.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
To play Half-Life 2 on cra... DirectX 7.0 mode, you would need:

1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

Oh come on, it's not that hard.

I think you are missing
-A brain
Which is quite hard to get for some people. :wink:

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
A 800Mhz P3
with 512Mb ram
and a Geforce 4 ti4100
Runs Counter Strike Source and Half Life 2 fine on low to medium graphics.
Source is very compatible you just have to turn down the settings a bit.

Ewok

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I don't know why people post requesting to be a dev and then say, "I'm not that good" or "still learning".

Ask yourself first if you are a n00b and if the answer is yes, don't request coming on to the team. It's not a charity and we don't just take on anyone because they like the game and can do some form of mapping, texturing / whatever.

We don't want this game looking crap and at best mediocre. Sorry to come off so hard, but hundreds of unecessary submitions is a great deal of admin / plain waste of internet space.

- Ewok

Lanethan

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Although it can be noted that when I joined the mastersword team, I was sucky at almost all aspects of development.
I got in on pure luck, and I think someone thought I had a good imagination or something.
But Ewok is totally correct: Mastersword in general is a HUGE project, and one not to be taken by unseasoned developers. It's far more demanding than almost any other mod project I've ever seen.

FezDemon(Tylor)

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Lanethan said:
Although it can be noted that when I joined the mastersword team, I was sucky at almost all aspects of development.
I got in on pure luck, and I think someone thought I had a good imagination or something.
But Ewok is totally correct: Mastersword in general is a HUGE project, and one not to be taken by unseasoned developers. It's far more demanding than almost any other mod project I've ever seen.
I made the face not look like he was scared that makes me super-seasoned. :{

natranr

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Reaction score
woot, sorce this is awsome, cant help, no idea how to map or model, and i dont have a good hl2 comp, but maybe when it comes out

FreshMeat

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Not a good enough computer? 2ghz amd cpu, 135$, for a dualcore 2.0 $297, great prices at newegg.com, evga e-geforce 7600 vid card, $169.99, ram, 70-120$ ram for two 512's, (crt moniters have higher vsync, if you dont know about the framelimit on your screen ill explain later) 1024x768resolution this build will give you 117-123fps, 1280-1024 gives around 100-106, 1280-1024 with 4xaa and 8xas 70-75fps, very cheap build but very good (the average fps will be different since the stress test was used in these testings) this was with everything on HIGH with hdr

FUCHEN

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can model anything you want, what type of poly limit for Characters, props, and weapons should i be expecting?

Also have experience in animation, texturing, mapping, SMD skeletol systems.

FUCHEN

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Ive recieved no reply, other than that, what type of Poly Limit for characters, props, and weapons are expected ?

Gaz

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Damnit Hire him allready 8)

Characters (Players and NPCs) 4000 - 7000 (Lods required)
Props - Relative, again with Lods
Weapons: View models 1500 - 3000
Weapons: World and Player models 500 - 1500 (Lods as well)

Hope that helps :) Remember that although its HL2 Lods are required for good performance on lower HL2 spec PCs :)

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Wish I could pitch in on the source version, I even have a computer to do it with!

amd 64 3000+ 1.8 ghz O/C 2.0 ghz
1.75 gig 2700 RAM
Dual GeForce 6600 GT both O/C 560 core 1200 memeory
160 gig HDD

but I fail with about everything, mapping, modling, artwork, however I am going to be learning C++ next fall, so maybe in the furture I could be an asset!

Kengou

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hello peoples! ^_^

Been a while, eh? I'm so happy to hear the news, Kuroneko, and I know this will take off! Yea, 5 months for this update, but damn it's a good update, man! Sorry I couldn't stay active for so long, I'm in Junior year, so I've been doing SATs, APs, Colleges, working for McDonald's, volunteering at the hospital, among tons of other things, so yea. What's the name of this new project? MS:C:C? or MS:C Source, or what? Great job on what you've done, and good luck on what you're doing!

ceriux

Adventurer
Reaction score
meh my life consists of work g/f and these forums -.- matter of fact im at work right now on a small break...