Ok is magic working properly?

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
My friend has 4 in lightning and fire, yet 10 MP
I had 20 MP at 2 fire...

I now have 5 lightning and 5 fire, still have 20MP and the "Spell Casting" skill is level 2. I cannot learn any new spells :(

Also mana, takes forever to recharge, and sometimes 20 mana still isn't enough to kill something.

How about we add a "Prayer" position to the V menu to regen MP?

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
umm how would a prayer raise MP? (if that was added it should raise HP too)
how about something called focus or concentration :roll:
or like.... POWER UP!!!!!

AmIAnnoyingNow

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You Magic Level is apparently based off all the magic skills, due to the fact you only can get 2 types of magic at the start, training this skill takes forever.

Mp is apparently based off wisdom, i believe parry can also increase this.

I've also been told that learning new spells if based off concentration, which can also be increased through the bow skills.

As far as i know the best way to level up magic is to either buy about 20 mana potions or jump in a pit when you out of mana, youll respawn with full mana. Also try leveling up with skeletons using a different skill each time, every time you kill them you gain experiance for every weapon youve previously killed them with.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
So the ones that get back up you still get previous weapons exp? Nice.

Also I got summon :D But wait...It doesn't skill up? I tried letting the rats kill something but no avail...

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
omg i never knew there was summoning... :oldshock:
PIX!!! GIMME!!!
and how does it work? if infact it does :wink:

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
I beleive I brought it in Helena.

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
omfg
can you spawn other monsters? :D !!!!!!!!!!!!
and where DO you get that lovely skill? :wink:

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
No just rats. Alough I have Summon Undead, but I can't learn it yet :(

What you have to do is level magic until you're level 3 spell casting, then learn summon :(

dRkILL

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I just want to say magic is working properly, it just needs to be tuned up. I have a list of suggestions for Kuroneko to make it better. Please try to hold all magic gameplay related questions until after a patch is made.

On a note about the erratic lightening damage, the base damage is fine. What happens is the damage dealt is 1% to 200% of that base value, hence why it's erratic.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I should also add, to all our potential Harry Potters, that being a pure mage, really, isn't an option in MS : C atm. You need to diversify.

Concentration and Wisdom, that seem to raise Mana levels and are required to learn spells, can't be raised much by practicing magic alone. It maybe your total level has to be higher before they will raise, or that other skills also raise these as well (I notice raising Archery seems to raise Concentration, at least with my fairly well rounded char).

Also it seems while Concentration helps spells fizzel less, armor helps them fizzle more. Though maybe my imagination - I think the devs did say something along these lines.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That's a bug? Might not want to fix that, as raising it through magic seems neigh impossible..

I got a regular on my server with Fire and 14, and Lightning at 12... He has almost no other skills, and his Concentration is a wopping 4.

My Concentration is 7, and I've no magic skill past 4 (fire/lightning both 4).

Anyone want to give me a spoiler on how much Con is needed to memorize Ice Sheild?

PS. Level titles for mages would also be nice.

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
:D OMG TITLE LIST!
the wiki is your friend. me loves wiki

anyways... as far as i can tell, concentraion play no part in spell memorization. my concentration was around 13 when my spell casting was four. i FINNALY got it up to five, and was able to learn ice sheild and regeneration right afterwards. 8) its sweeet, but doesnt last long =\

darkdain

New Adventurer
Reaction score
for some reason i was never able to increase concentration until i sumhow learned parry, i played all day and didnt get any parry, but then 1 monster gave me from 1 to 3 and i gained con and wisdom o_O dunno why!

Crow

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
hey... that happened to me too. i waited FOREVER and suddenely it was like every minute id get wisdom or parry. my parry is like 17 and i have 90 mana 0.0

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I saw that wiki list, but I guess it isn't implemented yet.

The aformentioned mage regular on my server, with his 14 Fire and 12 lightning, was titled "Adventurer".

Skillasaur

Adventurer
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
if parry raises wisdom then surely you would have to be hit to gain mana?

imo surely one thing a mage wouldnt like to do is get hit alot? tbh with xero training in small arms and me training in axe + sword weapons and both starting magic at the same time he has max 40 mana when i have 20 and ~same skills in magic.

is this a bug or?

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Yeah me and Skilla been playing alot. Same level of magic and I have double MP...

By the way, Summon Rat owns! You can make a wall of rats and the monster will attack them whilst you rest.

dookehster

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Also, how do u lv up summoning? It never seems to want to go up.

darkdain

New Adventurer
Reaction score
i only had 7 when i learned ice shield, i dont know if it works but it doesnt go up, and where do you buy rejuvination?

TrupaJay

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
I saw that wiki list, but I guess it isn't implemented yet.

The aformentioned mage regular on my server, with his 14 Fire and 12 lightning, was titled "Adventurer".