Rat jumping.

Joey Stalin

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Is anything being done about rat jumping? Cause you obviously got rid of arrows partially for that same reason.

Joey Stalin

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Oh, alright. I am going to have to update then.

Is it just me or is summon rat one of the most unreliable spells in the game? It seems to fail to prepare and fizzle very often.

lssj8

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yup rat summon is unreliable and plus it gains no exp for summon...

s7ick

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I manage to summon them everytime,but i don't see them take any damage to my enemies,it seems they miss every time,and..!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
ATM Rat summoning wont work at all on my server - but that's just the result of the funky setup I have.

However, I think in Dev_G the rat summoning fail/fizzle% needs to be lowered. It was fine earlier, when you could summon rats just anywhere - but now more often than not you find half your rat casting is called invalid. So to compensate for the increased difficulty of casting, I recommend reducing the fail/fizzle%.

flippincool

New Adventurer
Reaction score
for summoning i think it would be easier if you had a circle on the area where you were going to summon the rats while that circle could have an aura come up from it with sparkles and junk. the rats would fall from the the top of the aura onto the surface. think full metal alchemist looking >_<

this way you can see where exactly you want to summon them, that way to avoid INVALID INVALID when summoning them

Vomica7

New Adventurer
Reaction score
omfg thats the way i saw it when i heard there was summoning :oldshock:

Summon-Circle-01.png

sumthin like that? :wink:

flippincool

New Adventurer
Reaction score
yea veronica, something like that >_<

now if you have summoning selected there would be the 2nd pic from the top left that would move around when you move your mouse. that circle would show the area where the summon monster would go to. maybe as extra turn green for OK to summon and RED for invalid area for summoning.

now when you actually summon a monster it would be the last two pictures on the top row look like and the monster would appear

Iselore

New Adventurer
Reaction score
oo funky, just like how doom 3 monsters got summoned from hell

Joey Stalin

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Why is it a star of david in the circle and not a pentacle? And yes, I do know that a pentacle has nothing to do with hell, or anything related to it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
The Star of David / Seal of Solomon is a symbol of Kabbalah mysticism, as good as any for a protection symbol to be employed in a summoning circle and typically employed by a few thousand horror movies, anime, etc etc. Tis not an exclusively Hebrew symbol as twas also popular amongst pythagorian mystics (tetracys), certain hindu mystics (the symbol can be found on Mandala temple ruins that pre-date the jews), and medevil alchemists, and thus tis certainly valid for the genre. It'a also easier to render than a pentagram - as the angles are not as acute.

And a pentagram does have something to do with hell - if it's upsidedown. ;)