RiP
Reaction score
Re: [WIP]/[REQ] Models we need

Crow said:
Dwarf = +1 props.

Purple pants = -1 props.

You do the math.

^_^

Made dark blue and black pants, will screen as soon as I get home...If that dwarf was MC Hammer, it'd work :?

(TURBOPUNONDWARVESSMITHING)

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

So basically the model limit applies with amount models used in a map?

I mean, we can add as much monster models as we can because no map would ever have almost every monster, unlike weapons?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Thothie said:
• Need Steam powered crossbow
- make the current xbow bigger and reskin or use this one as a new basis.

So, is this supposed to replace the haxbow? I'm already working on it; I just wanted to make sure.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Eh, no, it's a steam powered xbow, next slot up from the hxbow. Thinking rapid fire with 5 round clip, seemed to be the original idea.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Alright. I'll see if I can get it done by later tonight/tomorrow.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

*sigh*

BIG EMERGENCY: Orochi has not yet put in the consolidated view models, and without that, I can't release another patch. Doing it myself is going to result in mass skewing of textures and delay the betapack release even further.

I did at least manage to fix that skeleton on stomach bug (go notepad based modeling!)...

• Some player-model based monsters need weapons
- It'd be handy if someone would give me info on how to do this so I could expariment and see what works best
- There've been some requests to arm Maldora (who's a player-model mon) - but I've not figured with what yet

Lodagond-4 looks like it is going to be ready much sooner than I anticpiated, as is the final Maldora script. If someone can put a weapon into Maldora’s hand before the release (other than Blood Drinker, of course) – I’ll add that to his treasure drops.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Any weapon in particular?

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Double post:
I put my fire axe on Maldora...Later today I shall send you the model with that, as well as the player version of the fire axe(Doesn't have any fancy anims, save for it floating to your hand upon drawing it ;) ). I shall also send the player version of the axe to Orochi so that it can be consolidated.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I'll need it too, so I can wip up a weapon script for it right quick.

If you want it throwable, send me an SMD that'll work with weapons/projectiles.mdl the way Blood Drinker / Thunder Axe does.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Pic, just to make sure it's what you want.

Untitled-1-8.jpg

Hrm, if I make it throwable, it will be a bit more time. Mind you it's tomahawk-style, so that fewl better fly fast ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Works!

Working out the rest Sorc/Blood Drinker thing is going to take time, so it'd be good to have that so ye'd still get something out of it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Say, are any of these doable in the time allotted?

I said:
Ideas I have for it[the Fire Axe]:
Soulfire- The axe's magic lights you on fire, cause massive damage to your surrounding opponents. This high damage comes at the cost of both your health and mana, unless you are equipped with fire immunity. This effect lasts for a set amount of time, or until your mana is depleted.
Wide Arc- My idea for an axe attack, it's basically a wide sweeping arc, as opposed to the knockback charge.

Oh, and so we don't have an ice dagger fiasco again, call it...
Fellflare Tomahawk(Or axe, whichever)

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

A northmaul's last charge effect would be cool to replace the knockback, just like the ice wave, but with fire doing damage to some enemies in front of you in a straight line.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Maybe even so that the firewave in front of you split into three, like this:

Code:
x = where you hit, dots are used to make the ascii drawing not screw up.

\..|../
.\.|./
..\|/
...|
...|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

Sabre said:
Say, are any of these doable in the time allotted?

I said:
Ideas I have for it[the Fire Axe]:
Soulfire- The axe's magic lights you on fire, cause massive damage to your surrounding opponents. This high damage comes at the cost of both your health and mana, unless you are equipped with fire immunity. This effect lasts for a set amount of time, or until your mana is depleted.
Wide Arc- My idea for an axe attack, it's basically a wide sweeping arc, as opposed to the knockback charge.

Oh, and so we don't have an ice dagger fiasco again, call it...
Fellflare Tomahawk(Or axe, whichever)

Soulfire might be doable… The wide arc would be harder to work out (if I had this at the beginning of the month, I'd try, but...). It’s more of a question as to whether everything else can be worked out in the time remaining, and given the status of model consolidation, I can answer that with an emphatic “no” – but I don’t think adding this will add a signifigant amount of dev time, at least it shouldn’t if the axe matches up with some other axe’s anims.

…and you actually get it to me.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

School was on schedule :p

The axe uses the one handed axe anims, save for the draw I made.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Everything is done, but the world models are giving me sh!t, in that the chrome'd textures are causing the chrome'd parts to unweld and create that UGA blocky gold look. I suppose it's a part of the worldmodel consolidation, cause the UGA does it too :/
I guess I'll just send you and Orochi what I've done.
It's turning the chrome texture into a 4x1...If I send you the original 64x64, can you notepad hax it up?

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Try "refresh texture" or select all the faces and hit "weld together".

IMO the fire axe special charge sould be a heat dome attack (big static sphere of fire, using fire weapons/spells makes it grow on size, but too much makes it burst and release a few lava balls)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Seeing my design for the sxbow on paper is intriguing...I'm going to do it myself...The idea is that the steam is made by your bad self heating a tank of water with fire magic, so a fire requirement is in order, as a torch isn't hot enough for this sx...bow. ;)

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

Yay, I get to be lazy!

This means I fail at trying to make the req models, though. Maybe I'll make something superfluous for you, Thoth. ;)

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score

It would be awesome if there was a %damage bonus for fire levels!
It would give people a reason to train fire :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

I guess I'll just send you and Orochi what I've done.
Don't bother sending to Orochi. Next time I see him, I think I'm going to have one of those Darth Vader, Empire-Strikes-Back, "You have failed me for the last time!" moments...

Be sure to send SMD+BMP+QC - not just .mdl's - these have to be integrated with other models that have been modified since FEB2008b. If ye send just the .mdl - I'll have to decompile them and the textures will go screwy.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score

:( At least he is trying and has stuck around for this long. I know that the consolidation is a MUST but still, there is time. You've pulled aces out of your sleeve at the last minute and so have other contributors to the mod. Maybe he just wants to make this dramatic or something and be like "AHA THOTH! IN YO FACE! GOT IT DONE!"

>.>

(Please Orochi get this done. I promise you candy! Lots of candy! I must have my MSC fix when I get back from Maryland)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score

This isn't the first time I've had something like this happen, and the last time, I specifically told him I wasn't going to trust him with anything critical ever again. He promised he was going to vindicate himself with this. The due date to set this up and allow the betapack to be released on time was the 27th, and the initial due date for that paticular project was the 20th (which seems to be about the time he started.)

It's more my fault than his. It's not as if I didn't know this was going to happen as a result of my deligating it to him. "There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, 'Fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'" - or whatever it is our president says.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't also the one constantly saying we need a more professional developement layout and team discipline.