The Bandit's Keep discussion and stuff

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Hahaha, Krayman, you just wait.

I am going to PM Thothie the tactic. Then, he will realize that it's not an exploit. He will nerf some things however.

As soon as he is done nerfing things, I am going to post the tactic in the public forums. You will then have the chance to read it.

And you will probably think: "OH FUCK I AM SO DUMB, IT IS NOT AN EXPLOIT AFTER ALL! SHOOT ME!"

Also, you being the #1 map thief (two attempts and I can link the whole forum board to them) you should really not be talking. Map thief. Fuck you.

kray1091

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Map thief? :oldcry:
You just do that then.. I dont really care. Even though you still used the exploit.
Its whatever dude.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Krayman is a dumbass who thinks he actually has an ego to bolster; when in truth, he has screwed up so many times, that all that remains is delusional fantasies of having something to stand upon or bolster.

((ON TOPIC))
I haven't tried this map out, just downloaded it though. I think I'll hop in-game in the morning & play it some; maybe it could be a starter of me playing more than ten minutes a week again :p

Tao

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Nope, if you try to solo one of the bosses for the first time you will probably get mad and leave immediately :D

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Krayman is a dumbass who thinks he actually has an ego to bolster; when in truth, he has screwed up so many times, that all that remains is delusional fantasies of having something to stand upon or bolster.

Holy shit. Maybe this is the first time, maybe it's the first time I've paid attention, but Netrogor.. Wow.. That was a thought out, smart, and overall very good insult. *Bows*

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
evilsquirrel said:
i think MiB is drunk, stop complementing people - you're ruining your reputation.

:( Fine. GO FUCK URSELF NET KTHX

Better?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It's an exploit IMO, or rather, the fact that the "strategy" can even be implemented as such, is the result of one or more exploits.

It's just really infuriating working against large sections of the community. It's bad enough that I gotta deal with twirps like Kokris, and now rumors about a certain other clan, but the BOU item location list, and now this "secret strategy - omg hide it from the devs or they'll fix it!" crap just makes it real tempting to throw in the towel. I'm used to getting that crap from individual players - I mean really, there are only two or three players who have ever reported exploits they could use to their advantage - but when a whole clan, the largest and oldest one at that, decides to take up the call of hiding stuff from the devs, the whole development effort becomes rather pointless.

I'm spending a lot more time coming up with ways to prevent game abuse than expanding on the game as a result, so it seems. I wholly understand why several members of the original team were for nerfing this game's playability to cut down on such abuse, and I really don't want to have to be the one to re-adopt that philosophy. I suspect I'd pass the whole thing off to Little-G before I allowed myself to do that. He may not be the wisest, or most talented, but he's certainly the most dedicated fan around.

I'm not saying I'm quitting just yet, I'm just saying this sort of thing makes it real tempting to do so.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I would like to know what your definition of an exploit is, then. Hell, if you think that this is a huge exploit, I wonder why you haven't added trigger_multiples in all boss pits that fire events to heal the bosses so that people can't exploit their way out of healing the boss. Sure, it's a little bit of an exploit because that's not how you intended the usage of the items, but if anyone can come along and try to think of a strategy such as this, more power to them.

As for the "hide it from the devs" thing, I really don't think that J-M was trying to keep it away from you because he wanted to "exploit" the bosses more. When J-M explained it all, he told me that he had been taking polls and asking people ingame as to what he should do. He really was quite confused as to how to handle such an incredible strategy. If he had told you the strategy without consulting people, I would bet that your first thought would be to uber up the bosses and lower the effectiveness of the potions. However, by discussing solutions, J-M was able to come to you and explain the strategy with solutions that would allow his strategy to stay around while also making the game more fair.

You've stayed through many things in this game, whether they be a large clan against you or just a single douchebag, so why would you let one strategy destroy your willingness to work on MS:C? You know very well that passing this mod to Gurluas would cause the community to collapse. It doesn't matter that he's the "most dedicated" if he's just going to rape us with Bludgeons as soon as he gets the code/scripts. I know the rest of the community doesn't want to see that and I highly doubt that you just want to throw away all your hard work to see the game get bludgeon f*cked.

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
I would like to know what your definition of an exploit is, then. Hell, if you think that this is a huge exploit, I wonder why you haven't added trigger_multiples in all boss pits that fire events to heal the bosses so that people can't exploit their way out of healing the boss. Sure, it's a little bit of an exploit because that's not how you intended the usage of the items, but if anyone can come along and try to think of a strategy such as this, more power to them.

As for the "hide it from the devs" thing, I really don't think that J-M was trying to keep it away from you because he wanted to "exploit" the bosses more. When J-M explained it all, he told me that he had been taking polls and asking people ingame as to what he should do. He really was quite confused as to how to handle such an incredible strategy. If he had told you the strategy without consulting people, I would bet that your first thought would be to uber up the bosses and lower the effectiveness of the potions. However, by discussing solutions, J-M was able to come to you and explain the strategy with solutions that would allow his strategy to stay around while also making the game more fair.

You've stayed through many things in this game, whether they be a large clan against you or just a single douchebag, so why would you let one strategy destroy your willingness to work on MS:C? You know very well that passing this mod to Gurluas would cause the community to collapse. It doesn't matter that he's the "most dedicated" if he's just going to rape us with Bludgeons as soon as he gets the code/scripts. I know the rest of the community doesn't want to see that and I highly doubt that you just want to throw away all your hard work to see the game get bludgeon f*cked.

Wrong... you all underrestimate me, although i would add the casual bludgeon in bloodrose, and finish nashalrath there are many other important things to do to enchance gameplay, mostly create scripts for the unused/undeveloped areas and add several new npcs and make scripts for mapmakers and some other things.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Now let's not turn this into a thread about bashing Little-G. ;) Suffice to say, he's the only one I know of that would stick with the mod. Granted, that may change when he turns 18, leaves the house, or what not.

From the sound of it, you and I are talking about different strategies though. As the strategy J-M described to me via PM, was completely inapplicable if you did not have either unlimited resources, or an excess of certain expendable items from one exploit or another. No legit player could pull it off on a regular basis. It also wouldn't work on Atholo (and shouldn't on Maldora - but does, due to a bug), so I've a feeling I still haven't been the told whole story.

...And while it's true, I've put up with a lot of crap over the past year and a half, it only adds to the straws on the camel's back. ...and that particular straw was really more of a two-by-four.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I found out JMs sercret, and i think he isnt hiding anything more.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
villager said:
I don't know if your "tactic" consists on buying all the immunity pots, speed pots, demon blood, and greater protection pot but if it does, I can guarantee you that you didn't get the money legit.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Point being...? Everyone knows that J-M has a sh*tload of cash and most people have figured out that all ways to get hundreds of thousands of gold is by using one exploit or another. My vast amounts of cash came from an old "exploit" that I constantly came across while item hunting.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Point being, JM tactic is not legit?

Exploited money>Infinite pots>Defeating any boss within 3 minutes.

Yea, if the money was legit, it would be an extremely expensive non-expoited tactic.

I'm not saying I didn't use the exploit when I had the chance either. When I hit 100k, I called it a day an figured why would you really need to collect all this money, its not like I'm going to buy the best weapons and armor ingame.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, there was more than one exploit that made this possible. But yeah, point being, it isn't practical without having taken advantage of one exploit or another. "Strategy" is also too strong a word for "mass buffs" IMO. ;)

But it also doesn't explain what's going on with Atholo, who's immune to vampire blood, so I know I'm still being held out on.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
You might want to edit that out so people don't get ideas.

Did you test to make sure that his immunity was working?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
"Strategy" is also too strong a word for "mass buffs" IMO. ;)
So is "exploit". If a random dude legally <meets requirements for tactic>, then how on earth could you call it an exploit? Just because I use the tactic (oh hey look I called it a tactic) makes it an exploit?

Edit: Should I post the tactic in the public boards, now, so everybody can try it and see that it really is this easy?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've no issue posting the method on the public boards - the only reason I haven't done so myself, is I thought you wanted it to be a guild secret. It's not as if it's not anything super-obvious, if you happen to have the items on hand.

The method itself is legit - the fact that anyone can do it on a regular basis, is not. Thus it's only practical for exploiters.

Did you test to make sure that his immunity was working?

Code:
{ game_damaged_other //PARAM1=target PARAM2=dmg

if VAMPIRE_ON

local MY_MAX_HEALTH $get(ent_me,maxhp)
	local MY_CUR_HEALTH $get(ent_me,hp)

if MY_CUR_HEALTH < MY_MAX_HEALTH

if $get(PARAM1,race) isnot undead

playsound 0 10 player/heartbeat_noloop.wav

local DMG_INFLICTED PARAM2
	multiply DMG_INFLICTED VAMPIRE_MULTI
	givehp DMG_INFLICTED

effect screenfade ent_me 0.5 3 (255,0,0) 50 fadeout
}

Yes, he's immune, as is everything else in that chamber with him, so there's no way this would work on him, which means there some other bullsh*t going on here.