Add more commands to the Keyboard tab in options+New control for toggling charge methods.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I know that I am in the microscopic minority of people who don't use quickslot shifting but I think it would be handy to have an entry in the keybindings for slots 13 to 24 displayed.

MORE IMPORTANTLY; There should be keybindings in the options for listpoints and listresist. These are two important displays for players that I think everyone deserves to know about because as it stands right now the only way for a new player to realistically find out about these is from an older experienced player. Perhaps these could also be given spots in the player menu (F)? There is much of a point in putting the emotes in there considering there is already another button to use them.

Edit; That stuff shows up on the Edana tutorial screen thingies? Damn it's been so long I had forgotten, regardless I'm still in support of them being added to the player menu at the very least. Forgive my ignorance.

Finally, there outta be a new command to toggle between ms_autocharge 0/1 on the fly since certain weapons benefit from being able to just hold down the mouse buttons and some benefit from not having to doubleclick to start charging. I've got an alias that does this (don't remember who I got it from) but it doesn't seem to always work reliably since I gotta double tap to make it work on occasion.

Last edited:

Uberzolik

Active Adventurer
Sons of Babel
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Kanta is bribing me to say I support this, except I had to decimate him with straight facts by saying listresist and listpoints shows up in the commands list in edana. šŸ˜”

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Kanta is bribing me to say I support this, except I had to decimate him with straight facts by saying listresist and listpoints shows up in the commands list in edana. šŸ˜”
I don't know this man.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Shall see about adding to the kb_act.lst... Will affect NOV2015b as well.

Was planning to use the text panel for a "detailed" character read that would include things like resistances and their sources, status effects, active quests, achievements etc. (Though not in NOV2015b, it'll take some doing.)

edit:
"+shift_slots1" "Shift Quickslots +12"
"+shift_slots2" "Shift Quickslots +24"
Should both be in the kb_act.lst already, under "Included Alias Scripts"... But now I'm wondering if it'll do anything, as I'm not seeing anything for it in extras.cfg - will need to test. (edit2: Fixed, still needs testing though.)

added:
"listpoints" "Show Player Damage Points"
"listresist" "List Elemental Resistances"
Under "Master Sword Commands".

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
For those wondering how to shift quickslots meantime...

You'll need this in your userconfig.cfg (will be in extras.cfg next patch):
Code:
alias +shift_slots1 "exec slots1_shift.cfg"
alias -shift_slots1 "exec slots_unshift.cfg"
alias +shift_slots2 "exec slots2_shift.cfg"
alias -shift_slots2 "exec slots_unshift.cfg"

Then three new cfg files in the msc root (also included next patch):
slots1_shift.cfg
Code:
echo Quickslots shifted +12
bind "F1" "+quickslot 13"
bind "F2" "+quickslot 14"
bind "F3" "+quickslot 15"
bind "F4" "+quickslot 16"
bind "F5" "+quickslot 17"
bind "F6" "+quickslot 18"
bind "F7" "+quickslot 19"
bind "F8" "+quickslot 20"
bind "F9" "+quickslot 21"
bind "F10" "+quickslot 22"
bind "F11" "+quickslot 23"
bind "F12" "+quickslot 24"

slots2_shift.cfg
Code:
echo Quickslots shifted +24
bind "F1" "+quickslot 25"
bind "F2" "+quickslot 26"
bind "F3" "+quickslot 27"
bind "F4" "+quickslot 28"
bind "F5" "+quickslot 29"
bind "F6" "+quickslot 30"
bind "F7" "+quickslot 31"
bind "F8" "+quickslot 32"
bind "F9" "+quickslot 33"
bind "F10" "+quickslot 34"
bind "F11" "+quickslot 35"
bind "F12" "+quickslot 36"

slots_unshift.cfg
Code:
echo Quickslots normal
bind "F1" "+quickslot 1"
bind "F2" "+quickslot 2"
bind "F3" "+quickslot 3"
bind "F4" "+quickslot 4"
bind "F5" "+quickslot 5"
bind "F6" "+quickslot 6"
bind "F7" "+quickslot 7"
bind "F8" "+quickslot 8"
bind "F9" "+quickslot 9"
bind "F10" "+quickslot 10"
bind "F11" "+quickslot 11"
bind "F12" "+quickslot 12"

Then you can either add another bind to your userconfig.cfg (eg. bind alt +shift_slots1) or use the internal keyboard config.

Mind, adding more quickslots does add to character file size, but I've not yet heard of it overflowing. (Think we had this in proper in a full installer prior to FEB2015d, and lost it somehow, thus mayhaps more thoroughly tested than one might think.)

There's a few other extra features in extras.cfg, such as third person camera distance (bind x zoomout), voice loopback toggle (bind x loopback_toggle), netgraph toggle (bind x netg), and crouch toggle (bind x dtoggle), not mentioned in the options, that you can bind to keys of your choosing at console.

(edit: Files should be in msc root as "slots1_shift.cfg, "slots2_shift.cfg", and "slots_unshift.cfg" - not "exec slots1_xxx" or whatever typo I just fixed.)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Finally, there outta be a new command to toggle between ms_autocharge 0/1 on the fly since certain weapons benefit from being able to just hold down the mouse buttons and some benefit from not having to doubleclick to start charging. I've got an alias that does this (don't remember who I got it from) but it doesn't seem to always work reliably since I gotta double tap to make it work on occasion.
Think that should look like:
Code:
//Toggle Autocharge ( bind x chrgtog )
alias chrgtog1 "ms_autocharge 1;alias chrgtog chrgtog2;echo Autocharge Activated."
alias chrgtog2 "ms_autocharge 0;alias chrgtog chrgtog1;echo Autocharge Deactivated."
alias chrgtog chrgtog1
But doing it mid-attack might be glitchy. Dunno if we wanna provide an entry for it, or just add it to the extras.cfg for the truly advanced player.

Meh, should probably update those help panels too - but kinda out of room on them, lest I make the font really tiny. There's so many damned new options (player light colors, charge sounds, icon layout, etc). Really need that "help" text panel.

(Also note corrected file name typo in above post.)