Reaction score
We mentioned it a LONG time ago.. Probably before you did Daragoth =\

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I had conflicting information... I wonder why... ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
msc_wip_map4b_thumb.gif
Anything else to yell at me for before I look into redoing the level keys? (I don't have time for that just now, maybe when I get back.)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'll see if I can't do anything clever when I get home. There are a few idears I could tinker around with.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I originally wanted Cleicert to connect to the Thunder Plains (for obvious reasons), but that's up to you.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Looking at the map, I've another thing to say:

Finish Hall of Deralia ffs xD

You ARE in scriptar mode atm.

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like the map. Looks nice and neat.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
msc_wip_map4d_thumb.gif
I originally wanted Cleicert to connect to the Thunder Plains (for obvious reasons), but that's up to you.

Thought Cleicert was supposed to be one of an elemental temple series. :\ Be more up to Dridje, in any case.

There IS an open trans on Daragoth, I just remembered… However, it’s under the waterfall – doesn’t look like it’d go to Foutpost real well.

That last transition in Bloodrose open too (just verified)… Dunno if we want to save it for a future map or not.

Smugglers Cove is a 10-20, I'm not sure which block represents it either
I don’t think I’d want to be on Smuggler’s cove under level 20. :oldshock: There’s like, brawlers, orc warlords, and giant snow boars over thar. But tis true, both islesofdread1 and smuggers_cove could be labeled 21-30. So I’ll make two of those boxes orange… (The level estimates are kinda hard to nail down, need a better system really.)
edit: Try it with the new level key.

P|Barnum said:
I like the map. Looks nice and neat.
The word “clusterf*ck” comes to mind, when I see it. :(

Finish Hall of Deralia ffs xD
It’s a lot of scripts! :oldcry: Plus it’s a pure ripent job, so I gotsta place it all. More to the point, since there's no titles or anything yet, I thought you guys would want nightmare_sfor first.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Cleicert is part of the elemental quest, but that doesn't mean the group of maps has to be together. The quest will require you to traverse the world, anyway.

And foutpost next to Daragoth may not make much sense unless you add a new transition where the orcs spawn. Afterall, if the orcs have to make it through the pass to get to a castle, why would the trans be on the "right" side of the base? ;-)

Gurluas

New Adventurer
Reaction score
You forgot Nashalrath connected to Challs, if other non finished concept maps can be there so can Nash.

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Both versions of Isle and Chapel that I sent you are final for this next patch.

If you make any revisions to them can you send updated versions back to me?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Well, I finally got access to a Steam capable puter again today, to finalize all this crap that came in over the last week, and it turns out I'm missing wads for the new Chapel. Unless you get back to me very soon, I think I'll just have to axe the chapel update from the betapack, as I won't have another chance to test it.

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I sent you the link. Idk why Chapel requires it. That wad has no textures that Chapel uses. Those textures are for my next map. Right now players have to votemap Isle, unless you want to make it a transition from some water source.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, there's no new transition to isle, that I can find in here... Once more I think you undid the fix for the light sequence in the church (or rather, you didn't incorporate the fix). What's changed in Chapel to make it worth adding another wad and 5MB to the betapackage?

CSS

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I added the transition from the cliff at spawn from Isle. I altered some of the monsters (made them have higher damage multipliers) I fixed the skeleton spawns in Forest and added a little path addition to the forest area. I increased the lives of the rats and boars close to spawn and at the farm area (added a few more there). I clipped the farmland so that players would not get stuck on corners. I widened the boar/rat area close to spawn (moved the forest line back a little).

I would like them to be incorporated if possible :roll: I'm not really sure what went wrong with the lighting sequence in the first place. If you don't want to fix it, it's not a big priority. I think players are already having fun as it is on Chapel, so one sequence gone won't be a big issue.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alright, just so long as there's at least a transition or something... The lighting bit was, I think, you wanted the lights to go off in the church when the skellys spawn, then come back on after the skelly waves were done. The chapel.ent in the current patch addresses that, but it's not compatible with your recompile.

This patch is done then... I'm assuming I'm not going to get a new working DS model from Barnum (which I wouldn't be able to test at this point anyways). Just need to get myself to put it out...

PS. If you want to make a distrabution package for Isle, I'll put it up on my website.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I've always wondered where Dalya Haven would have connected to (had it not been lost) and what "The Undermountains" and "The Valley of The Undermountains" are (found them in the WIKI).
Anyone know? Lanethan?

Edit: And why is the map lore barely public? At least general settings and "what would one expect to see here" would be nice, for people who might consider making some of the maps on the beta map.

Masterchief117

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Re:

Gurluas said:
ewok once spoke of a tropical island with a volcano and treasures... to the south by taking the ship in deralia...it still exist in the plans?
i could make a map quite good for this consept, plenty of secrets. an actuall volcano event once in a while, itll be nice. but dont expect much detail i'm not very good with detail.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...You found a source for Heras? Cuz Lord K never had one - and I never had one. :?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I would like to see an updated Heras with less map credits clearly visible in regular gameplay areas (note the "ICEWIND" at the outdoor rising pillars jumping puzzle).

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
One of my first assignments to Dridje as mapping lead was to measure and recreate the source for heras, fixing the torches with new-style light crystals. It's not the original source - but the difference between the two (aside from the torches) is insignifigant.

We were going to keep it secret until the release of the proposed "mega patch" to hide something in there, but as i don't see that happening in the near future we may aswell get this thing out in the open.