Bug Reports: MAR2010b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Reaction score
There's only support for SSE 2 in the latest DLL fix. :oldcry:
My old crappy computer from 2002, I mean powerful server only supports SSE 1.
The old zip files with SSE 1 in them worked, but they're not up to date, right?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Mapper Toys
• env_model now has Scale option
- Note that this does not preview in the hammer editor, nor does it affect collision boxes
• base trigger property: scriptevent
- Calls a specific script event against player or monster when touched
- Unlike script triggers, this obeys the rule of the trigger touched (flag, delay, etc.)
- Code side HP/requirements system for triggers still pending
• ext_scale additional param
- Scales monster models (up or down) and their collision boxes
- Subsequent param deternines amount to scale, eg. "ext_scale;1.5"
- Increases attack reach on most monsters, but may cause issues, especially if extreme numbers are used (2.0 seems to be about the safe max limit for most)
The scale and scriptevent keyvalues are not showing up for env_model and trigger brushes, respectively. Should they be added manually?
Also: I tried ext_scale;1.5 and ext_scale;2 on monsters/morc_chief and while the scaling works, the attack reach didn't appear to have been updated. While I know it says "Increases attack reach on most monsters", it did seem kind of funny that the axes of the giant orcs were hitting the ground a few meters behind me.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Reach scaling also not very accurate in some cases... Probably increasingly so, for already oversized monsters.

Meh, FGD in MAR2010a seems to be out of date by just three days ><... Here's the current, if you can't wait until April fool's day, or whenever the MSC dev team thinks April may begin. ;)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Since there's no new monthly thread yet, i'll post it here. I just saw some weird glitch on lodagond-4, it goes like this:
after beating maldora, he drops a venom tomahawk i try to pick it up a few times with hands full (holding the ethreal dagger and rune shield) and i got this "full hands" display message on the HUD saying i couldnt pick it up, the thing is, i picked it up somehow after 4 attempts (i think). I check my bag, seeing if it was really there and it was, i go loot a greater protection potion from the end chest and a bludgeon hammer from the artifact, after i looted both of those i asked the 2 players in 2nd and 3rd positions in dmg (stig and plyshebyxa) if they wanted the tomahawk, stig accepted it but when i check my bag of holding, it wasn't there anymore. A few minutes later stig notices the venom tomahawk in his bag of holding, i asked him if he already had one and he said no. So he basicly just got it after vanishing from my bag? i noticed he was 2nd in dmg and i was 1st, not sure if dmg points could be related to this but from all of the 5 players he wanted it and he got it somehow after it going poof on me. o_O
So in the end im like "lolwtf just happened", this is some weird ass glitch that just randomly happened.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Stab potion removes the ability to do knockback on creatures (kicks/bludgeon hammer/neckhunter). Noticed this just now after beating the_wall and trying multiple knockback attacks on summons, which didn't work out for me.
After suiciding, it worked.

SilentDeath

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The spider cave in Aleyesu only spawns the first wave of spiders now.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I guess ill post this. Once you get into that area with the hollowed out barrel in the_keep, when the bandits come crashing down one entity maker's time was either screwed up or changed to the point where it makes it spawn to soon. Long story short, they spawn into each were you have to kill the weaker bandit first then the elite bandit will fall down.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
SilentDeath said:
The spider cave in Aleyesu only spawns the first wave of spiders now.
I haven't seen it spawn any waves at all, although perhaps I just wasn't the first one to enter the cave.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeah, I've fixed that one already. Did a ripent fix a long time ago and forgot to update the source, apparently. Several of the monster spawn chains on Aleyesu aren't setup right.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Did the Aura of Fire protection ratio get buffed from 40% to 50% or is that a bug?

[rant]How I really wish there was some sort of general information sheet for all items... I mean, it's not like "Gives 50% damage reduction" is a spoiler... every major RPG in the world has information like that and some even go a lot further. I think WoW even gives statistical data ("Does μ±σ damage per second").[/rant]

Also (but please don't put any effort in fixing this one :wink: ), I have in my Galat chest:
- Fire tomahawk
- Ice tomahawk
- Lightning tomahawk
- Venomous tomahawk
- Dark tomahawk
- Lord Vecilus' mail
- Envenomed plate
- Acid plate
- 3x speed pot
- 3x lodestone pot
- 3x stab. pot
- 1x antidote

That's 18 items. I thought the maximum was 12...?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
"Roughly" twelve. It's limited by the size of the storage string. Tomahawks have very short script names.

Stoned

New Adventurer
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Did the Aura of Fire protection ratio get buffed from 40% to 50% or is that a bug?

[rant]How I really wish there was some sort of general information sheet for all items... I mean, it's not like "Gives 50% damage reduction" is a spoiler... every major RPG in the world has information like that and some even go a lot further. I think WoW even gives statistical data ("Does μ±σ damage per second").[/rant]

Also (but please don't put any effort in fixing this one :wink: ), I have in my Galat chest:
- Fire tomahawk
- Ice tomahawk
- Lightning tomahawk
- Venomous tomahawk
- Dark tomahawk
- Lord Vecilus' mail
- Envenomed plate
- Acid plate
- 3x speed pot
- 3x lodestone pot
- 3x stab. pot
- 1x antidote

That's 18 items. I thought the maximum was 12...?

I believe stacks count as one item? Which if you count all your items again excluding the stacks its 12 items so that must be the case.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
No, stacks still count has a +1 for item count in your chest. I know that certain items take "less room" in the chest, figured this out when switching a massive amount of items in my bank, and i noticed some items being able to deposit while others weren't (refering to when the bank is nearby the limit).

Joeh

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Can't seem to purchase a Glow Scroll from any vendor.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
HAY WELCOM 2 5 PAGES AGO GOAT MAN ^_^
It's already been reported and it's not just glow; for some reason, people with 5 SC or lower can't purchase any scrolls/tomes at all, nor use any scrolls/tomes they already have (and should be able to use).

Marisa

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Calruin2 was crashing when I pull out a crossbow on europe dedicated, it was fine elsewhere. I had about 500 blessed bolts, some in archer's quiver and some in heavy pack.

I also finished a mana pot and had the no-attack bug until reconnecting, on the same map/server.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
About calruin2: odd that you can even play it o_O
Whenever I join a server - no matter which one - on that map, it crashes within half a minute.

You are cursed then! :wink:

I did play that map a few times with no problems lately, only problem i ever saw in it was the portal to the boss room, if you used it while casting a spell it used to crash, other than that i never got any other problems with it.

Cyrez

New Adventurer
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
About calruin2: odd that you can even play it o_O
Whenever I join a server - no matter which one - on that map, it crashes within half a minute.

You are cursed then! :wink:

I did play that map a few times with no problems lately, only problem i ever saw in it was the portal to the boss room, if you used it while casting a spell it used to crash, other than that i never got any other problems with it.
I took it off my server because I've been experiencing this same error:
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Also, everytime someone joins my server on calruin2, the server crashes and I get this message:
msc_calruin2.gif

The map can load, but noone can join without crashing the server.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmm... Worked on my server last time I was running it. Indeed, last time I was playing on my server it was Calruin2 with six players (I remember cuz there was some sinister trading going on).

Between this and the "sfor lag" reports, I'm really tempted to do the whole skeleton base from scratch - it's such a mess that I did write up a whole new one that the skeleton archers use. Still, nothing has changed in that mess for a good long time, specifically because it is such a mess I'm afraid to touch it. Nothing's changed on any of the other scripts in there in a good long time either (spider base is pretty ugly too, but not nearly so). :/

Out of curiosity, are you using the "-num_edicts 4096" HLDS flag?

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Yes, I am.
I've had some people tell me that they played calruin2 this patch, but I joined every single server there is right now (Cyrez, CozWorld, Europe, RB, my own) and it constantly crashes and burns.

Now I'll never be too late at Garonhroth again :(

Also, it looks like the sfor lag (and ww1 lag) automagically fixed itself o_O

Also: in Skycastle, there's a chest right below the window. But for months now, it hasn't been spawning anything at all.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Sometimes Maldora starts tripping balls. He spams his two lightning spells after each other the whole time, non-stop. It takes a split second for him to re-cast his spell. It happened to me multiple times (in the same fight) that he'd pin me in a corner with his yellow (single-player) spell, pause 0.1 second, cast it again, pause 0.1 second, repeat, until I'd die.

I know it's supposed to be hard to get close to him, but it was literally impossible. Also, drinking a lodestone potion still causes his lightning to push you back. Without damage though, but isn't that a bit odd...?

Status
Not open for further replies.