Status
Not open for further replies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Bad conditional syntax in the script I C... I'd blame Jelly, but I shoulda caught that. Didn't test it as well as I should have, I suppose, as I had to keep pulling a character who wouldn't kill the thief in a single blow. Plus I think I made the thief's cover a little *too* good - takes a bit of effort to find him sometimes. ;)

Think it is intentional that you can do the quest before talking to LotL though - thief already knows he's a wanted man, and I assume he figures better jailed than dead.

*Technically* this is making a sploit public, but seeing as how the sploit is useless... It might help explain the few characters I've come accross with a Felewyn ring on every damned finger, however, and I suspect such characters wreak havok on servers when they spawn. I dunno why the system allows 10 magic rings anyways - tis insane. >_> I'd change it, but last time I fuxed with the character wear slots (a few years ago) it resulted in char corruption galore. :\

One thing that'd help resources is if every player and monster had it's own light source that could be defined code side... So instead of layering lights, it just changes the color and radius of that one light source... As it is now, if you have a Felewyn ring, and Acid Plate, are running Glow, and get set on fire - that's four bloody active lights, all eating edicts, right there. I've not figured a clean way to do that script side.

Malchus

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Maybe give "source" lights for each entity and code it to set the luminosity based on something... something?

3:45 AM, can't think right, blargh!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
...That's... Basically what I'm saying. Though only to scripted entities, and even then, only to those which attempt to define them... Otherwise everything has the overhead of a light, be it on or off, which would be a major step backwards.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The wall bugs
When i killed Ihothor
the door didnt open and keep spawns blood knight

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
FER said:
If you get felewyn's light trough the thief quest in deralia, you can get as many rings as you want (the way i did it, I talked to the thief before talking to the lord of the land)

I fixed this at school today, then forums went down, and when they got back up, Thothie had already fixed it. Those lesbian ninjas he talks about sometimes must have taught him how to achieve their speed. :wink:
Turned out I forgot to add "else" to an if-statement in line 134.

Gorynych

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Those lesbian ninjas he talks about sometimes must have taught him how to achieve their speed.

Woah, woah, woah?!
Who said anything about Speed?
Slow and steady wins the race I always say*...

* Unless you're being attacked by people, then you trip up your friends and leave them behind!
That's how friendship really works!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Jelly said:
I fixed this at school today, then forums went down, and when they got back up, Thothie had already fixed it. Those lesbian ninjas he talks about sometimes must have taught him how to achieve their speed. :wink:
Turned out I forgot to add "else" to an if-statement in line 134.

Jeeze, coulda saved myself work. >< Oh well... Also syntax fail on line 83 (in say_jobs event).

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The proficiency state of bows/dragon axe's fire breath requirement is saved from its last holder.

EX: Player with level 10 archery drops Frost bow, Player with level 30 archery picks it up and tries to shoot it, bow retains crooked/inaccurate firing.

EX2: Player with level 30 Fire drops Dragon Axe. Player with level 1 Fire is able to use its dragon breath ability.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Odd... Fixes after reconnect, I assume? (As there should be no way for it to recall the original owner's stats.)

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yes, it fixes after a reconnect.

Should also fix itself if you drop/pick it back up, but I haven't tested it.

andy-held

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can't cast anymore.
Dunno what i did, but I cant cast anymore.
When i select erratic lightning it says "You lack the skill..."
Even if I select Glow.
I'm level 2 in spellcasting.
Friend of mine has the same problem.

Edit: I just tried to make a new char that has erratic as first spell and that char can't use it either.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
There's some freak bug with the latest patch that prevents people with Spell Casting 5 or lower to cast any spells, at all. There's no fix at the moment so I'm afraid you'll have to do without magic.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I can't ticket a lightning tomahawk on my storage character, yet said storage character has a ticketed dark, fire and venomous tomahawk. I even tried dropping the aforementioned three tickets on the ground, but then I still couldn't ticket my lightning tomahawk.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Apparently when making Tomahawk tickets, I forgot there were lightning Tomahawks.

Clan Hunter

New Adventurer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Saw another version of the thanatos bug Keldorn mentioned, this time on isles of dread 1. I think it might be tied to the individual chests.

Edit: Also if you stuff your U shield into a bag of holding it leaves you at U shield speed until you take it out and put it on your back.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
The horrors in Lodagond-4 still seem to give some dedicated servers (mine for one D:) crashing issues.

Things that knockback/pull/push effect thrown weapons (Blood Drinker/Tomahawks/Thunderaxe)

Examples of this:

1. Maldora uses his yellow lightning bolt attack on any of the above (It's pretty amusing when he does this, they go flying)
2. Lesser Lightning Djinns can make any of the above stay in the same place in mid air(Which actually leads to them doing more damage sometimes, lol)
3. When Bludgeons are charging, the weapons will just stay right in front of them until they get knocked back. (Invisible forcefield!)
4. Shahaddar Shamans do something similar to Maldora, but they can knock the weapon right out of the map sometimes.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
They're the same horrors used on any other map, save for some multipliers. :\

The "I r mighty wizard - I repell your pewny thrown weapon" thing I noticed, but kept intact as I thought it looked sort of nifty. I could resolve it, however, if it is causing issues. Thought it looked particularly good when the Torkalath Novice used his repulse shield on one.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone since JAN2010b losing their weapons by throwing them other than at cleicert, so I guess it isn't really much of an issue.

The horror (ethereal shriekmaw/horror2) problem is strange, it only seems to crash when the horrors use their spores, and only under certain circumstances.

I'll try to narrow it down later.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Haven't had a rollback request for a thrown weapon since JAN2010a.

Should explain, when you throw a weapon, it never leaves your inventory. It merely changes your viewmodel to fists, and creates a temporary NPC that represents the thrown weapon. Not sure what's going on that was causing them to be removed from inventory on occasion.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
When you threw a Blood Drinker before Jan2010a, there was a chance, upon pressing right click, that it would say "Sent return request to 0" instead of "Sent return request to Blood Drinker".

When it returned, an elven shortsword would stick out of your character's torso for some reason, and the Blood Drinker would just be gone from your inventory.

Weird stuff.

Haven't seen it happen for quite some time though.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
A side note related to that BD stuff you guys talking about, i lost 1 BD before the JAN2010 patch ages ago due to a throw and someone joining (causing lag & crash and it vanished for me). After taking my alt's BD ticket i had spare for that kind of problem, i only had 1 BD at the time. After the JAN2010 patch i got a random unticketed BD from somewhere and im sure i didn't get any more spares after i got that 1 lost >_> I also remember this happening on 2008 patches, i remember having 2 hoarfrosts, ticketed one and it went poof on me, some patch came out and i got the ticket back somehow. Not sure if this is suppose to happen or its some bug.

Anyways i lost again my felewyn shard IV and bloodstone ring (both went poof on me geesh). If im correct i might get them back (or not) next patch... I'll just keep my fingers crossed that im true about it! :roll:

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thoth, you think the BD vanishing is related at all to the Frost bow script duplication? If right-click was sending a return request to a bonus duplicated script..

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eww... Yeah... Possibility.... I shall have to look over the script, but it would go a long way to explaining, save for the fact that it seems to happen when you throw it - and all the events that handle that are in the top script.

edit:
Gods I love following the bloody twisting path of includes in scripts like these...
blood_drinker_script->swords_base_twohanded->axes_base_onehanded(WTF?)->base_melee->base_weapon->base_item->base_item_extras/base_item_hide_stuff ... Grrr >< - but yeah, there are several overrides in the top script and lower scripts, so it could be the culprit. (Working on remedy nao...)

Hoarfrost looks like it has at least one potential similar issue... But not the Thunderaxe. Hrmm...

*sigh* Tis times like these I wanna re-write all the items from scratch - but that wouldn't take *forever* or anything. >_>

(In case yer wonderin what MiB and I are on about, we recently discovered some of the Frost Bow's strangeness was caused by some previously unknown bug with the script include system that can potentially cause a script to "split" into two, with one of the scripts being a "dummy script" lacking critical data, but that none-the-less executes commands.)

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
I just gibbed a rat...

Server: The Blades of Urdual [FN]
Map: edana
Char: a 13 HP noob char with Archery 2 (2, 1, 2)
Weapon used: tree bow (standard arrows)
XP gained: no
Rat pelt dropped: yes
Would have leveled if XP had been gained: most likely, to Archery 2 (2, 2, 2)

Also: if you kill a monster by using a weapon in your off hand, you don't get XP, regardless of which hand is your off hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.