Status
Not open for further replies.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
(Looks) *sigh* At the moment, you probably can't cast any spell under SC 5... >_>

We had to convert the constants in the spell requirements to var so the merchants could warn you if you picked out a spell above what you could cast... Apparently caused a var conflict with the magic hand base. Fixed next patch, which will hopefully be soon...

...Only workaround I can think of meantime, is to see if you can get a Snake Staff from someone, and beat things until you get your SC up - but would be a lot of work.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Getting stuck in elevators is a Half-Life bug. It usually works fine single player as there is no lag. The problems occur when a client's position vector doesn't update fast enough in comparison to the server's elevator vector. This is why people get stuck (They end up ever so slightly inside the elevator). Also, AI in elevators has never been a good idea... I can think of numerous mods where it causes problems.

Personally, I'd scrap the elevator idea... They just don't work so well in Half-life.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'm hoping the real problem is that the platform stops pushing players when it stops moving, and thus it sometimes doesn't update the player since its last move, putting his feet slightly below the platform's final position. 16 unit shoot down after reaching destination would fix that.

In the case of this NPC, I hope it helps, cuz I've no other way to do this, short of teleporting the bastard.

I do have that as a final measure in the script I'm currently working with though... Should all else fail... I've also rigged him to move up slightly every second to "encourage" the platform to move before that final fail safe comes info effect.

NPC's on elevators aside - it is sickening that elevators should fail with just players though - considering they've been around since the Quake1 engine this thing was built on - ya think they woulda worked out all the bugs by now... Seems they don't fail in some mods though... Never had one fubar in NS, for instance.

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe they just handle it differently. I've never mapped so I can't suggest what to use. I've been stuck in so many elevators in my time that I'm used to having to press jump as it reaches the top :p

What about adding something that pushed players/npcs ever so slightly off the floor in the elevator? So essentially they were levitating.

Raisonbran648

New Adventurer
Reaction score
dh4dx1.jpg

Thornlands bug:

Olof now spams his question while you are in range of him, and it locks your mouse because it spams the menu as well. It is currently impossible to interact with Olof at all, even if you manually type to him. I have recreated this bug every time I have tested it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hrmmmm....

Hrmmmmmmm...

Olof's always been insane, but I can't figure for the life of me why he's doing this... :\

Xeropace

Adventurer
MSC Developer
MSU Developer
Reaction score
With all these bugs and character corruptions, who isn't :p?

Raisonbran648

New Adventurer
Reaction score
ndufra.jpg

Helena bug:

The traveling merchant that sells spell scrolls and tomes refuses to sell Tome of Glow. I have tested this multiple times, and on different characters. He will sell Firewood, and other tomes just fine, but whenever you attempt to purchase a tome of glow nothing happens.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
True of all scroll sellers...

Alright, screw this trying to get venders to warn ye about paying for items you can't use.... At least for scrolls... Too much trouble.

Still without a clue on Olof though... Gawds I dun wanna re-write him from scratch.

Raisonbran648

New Adventurer
Reaction score
well, as a temp fix you could try to just rip out the "are you a monster?" part and see if everything els on him works okay

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Breaks everything else... It's kinda acting like there's a const/var conflict - everything's fubar'ing on him.

Raisonbran648

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Hmm... I don't know how important the old man is, but he could just mysteriously disappear like Holdan the mercenary did..... muhahahaha

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Fixed that actually. >_>

Olof's pretty much the oldest NPC in MSC, can't lose him. ;) - Plus there's a rather critical quest or two involved with him.

miko2386

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Do frosty in the wall give rewards after going up the elevator?
last time i finish the wall and used the elevator, frosty is just keep staying at talking mode.
frosty still moves but cant talk with him and i hv no rewards from him :(

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Ugh, can i get a single tip on where the "axe of balance" could be? I've been trying to search for that axe now since i got both dagger and chaos bow >_> And i have ran out of clues, is it still a drop from the_wall or something? I've ran that map quite alot on non FN and 2 times on FN, did see everything spawn a few times except for lightning bow and axe. (the lightning bow has been confirmed by other people getting it though, such has keldorn). Any clue that helps would be a thumbs up! :mrgreen:

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Every stacks of bolts still acts like they use up one slot in the containers. For example, a small sack holds 8 items. I can't put more than 200 bolts obtained from stacks of 25. There needs to be something done about the stack remembering what all the stack's component used to be before they were combined. As it is now, it's more tedious than ever to manage your ammo supply and even more to choose which kind you want to use.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Like I said, client patch required, and then it'll be the way it was before.

*considering* taking a stab at getting them to stack again, but I'd have to verify with a lot of characters to be sure it was working (I do have a copy of a set known to have issues with the old stack system to work with though). Such a system might play better with the current client.

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
If you want me to test anything just ask, I'm kinda bored and I don't know what to do with my free time.
And sorry if I make you feel redundant ;)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Multiplayer test won't help with that, however, we are going to need tests for The Wall (2.0) and Umulak sometime soon... Woulda been today - but wasted too much time on bloody Olof.

Keldorn

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
If Forsuth is supposed to give the Axe of Balance, it doesn't seem to be working.

I've triggered his reward on non-fn dozens and dozens of times, and he's never given it.

Status
Not open for further replies.