INFO Bug Reports NOV2015a

Myrlance

Adventurer
Heroes of Dawn
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Off topic here, but is it ever possible to get a launcher (framework window) that automatically patches work finished by devs to server and client? instead of downloading patches etc from the site it does it from a launcher?

Idk if it may help with keeping updates constant and neat additions and tests with the community than waiting for a rather large update and a installer.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Possible, surely - finding someone to code it up, on the other hand, and then getting it to launch in Steam. (The latter of which maybe a non-issue, come the migration.)

It'd be nice to at least have something that checked the current version on the website and gave you a prompt to update, which I suppose I know enough to do, outside of the SDK, but inside, I can't even get it to do anything before a map loads.

I actually tried to get it to launch an external program, after map load, but it seems the engine has some sorta protection against it. The intent was to launch a program to make a randomly generated map on request - not that the generator itself is ready for prime time, just experimenting.

furion001

New Adventurer
Shadows of Torkalath
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Might be variable type conflicts breaking the AI - think I cleaned those out of the bandits, not sure about the dragoons, however, which were sadly re-scripted by their creator via copy-paste, rather than simply #included and swapping some models and stats.

Will add to the things to test list. I dun wanna recode the bandits from scratch - but they do kinda need it. (Bad thing for me to say, given the fact that the guy who created them was also the guy who initially taught me this scripting system.)

Yeah... was probably not the best idea for me to do the copy paste method. but I was still learning how to script at the time and I didn't even know inheritance was a thing I could do at the time... heh.. my bad I suppose..

Doesn't matter now anyway, had a harddrive crash a year ago that erased all my dev stuff, all my maps, scripts, models, everything.. Poof gone just like that. So I wouldn't have be able to fix them. (or attempted to fix them)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Not your fault so much as Lord K's for giving you buggy starting material (and maybe mine for not warning you, though I canna recall if I had the chance).

I can get ya some of that back - PM'd ya a link.

greatguys1

Epic Adventurer
MSC Developer
Warriors of the North
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you enter the world already holding a weapon, you get the 30% dual wield penalty, despite holding only one weapon. I tested it in the alpha with eth dagger and the blood sword from that one orc dude, I forget what it's called, and in the release, I tested it with the Fang's tooth.

Putting the weapon away and re-equipping it fixes the penalty.

Last edited:

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Ice Guardian ladies shoot an icicle projectile that never misses now matter how hard you try to dodge it. It also deals pierce damage(Not sure if mistake or unfair design choice).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you enter the world already holding a weapon, you get the 30% dual wield penalty, despite holding only one weapon. I tested it in the alpha with eth dagger and the blood sword from that one orc dude, I forget what it's called, and in the release, I tested it with the Fang's tooth.

Putting the weapon away and re-equipping it fixes the penalty.
Reworking the whole parry system from scratch is on the list of things to do before next patch.

There's no real dependable way of detecting every possible equipment change or initialization, it seems, so I suspect we're doomed to rig up a system that checks what items the player has equipped every second where PLR_IN_WORLD is true to finally nix the last of the bugs out of this thing and simplify. It's somewhat complicated by the fact that many of the variables set by the current parry system are used by other systems in the game, so we'll have to be careful that it populates all the same setvards correctly (such as ACTIVE_WEAPON etc.) Probably a new include, player/player_weapons - in which we'll move all the player-script side weapon handling.

I've added a few more $get()'s related to this process already for more dependable item detection, particularly as it relates to main-hand/off-hand.

Ice Guardian ladies shoot an icicle projectile that never misses now matter how hard you try to dodge it. It also deals pierce damage(Not sure if mistake or unfair design choice).
Most icicle attacks do piercing damage and apply a cold DOT+effect. Glancing over it, I think they may be cheating a bit to get a resource friendly ice spike storm attack. Think it's actually a series of traceline attacks, so you should be able to take cover, but otherwise, yeah, gonna get hit. The projectile speed is 1500, so it should look more or less like a bullet - but maybe with a potion of speed or such it might look dodgable. Might look into tweaking, but I dun want these gals to start doing the lag burst that the ice skeleton's projectile storms and the like used to cause.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Most icicle attacks do piercing damage and apply a cold DOT+effect.

... These ice ladies icicle attack is the only one that deals pierce damage, across other NPCs and player attacks.

Anyways, the model is far slower than the projectile. So by the time it has closed half the distance, the actual projectile has hit you.

Rhodeder

New Adventurer
Christian Warrior's of God
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I cant play the latest version, it says its testing new opengl features then everything turns blown out with white contrast and there is no way to disable it.

MS:C community

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Yeah that's probably the half-assed, broken bloom lighting that should have been disabled years ago, as the entire community has suggested over and over.
Open the console and type:
ms_bloom_level "0"

Last edited:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Or just tap B until the screen comes back as the pop-up shoulda explained.

graphics_test-png.4540

That, along with double-tap dodging, should be disabled by default come the next full installer.

Shame, put a lot of work into Bloom. Updating the libraries does not seem to have expanded compatibility any.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Bloom was actually a nice touch to the game, while it worked that is. Upgrading from my old gaming laptop to a more modern desktop pc messed it all up sadly.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
It works fine in software mode, but not opengl. At least for me.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
It works fine in software mode, but not opengl. At least for me.
That'd be very odd, given that it's an OpenGL filter. :\

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
I was in shad_palace the other day with Sir Sausage and Kaara. We beat the map, got to the throne room, Runegahr saw someone's blood drinker and was like "HEY GUYS sup".

So we said "friend" and the route to the transition zone opened. We started a vote to change the map.

While standing in the transition zone, Sir Sausage said "foe" in area chat for the lols.
Turns out we got more lols than we bargained for because Runegahr heard him and sorc_villa turned hostile.

Could you please script Runegahr to accept the first answer given and the first answer only?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
lols... I'll take care of that. (edit: Done.)

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
The cold d.o.t. from elite dragoon martial artists does knockback.

Edit: I encountered another one and its d.o.t. did *not* do knockback... Strange.

Last edited:

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Edit: I encountered another one and its d.o.t. did *not* do knockback... Strange.

If it's anything like how the axe leap attack works, then d.o.t. will do knockback only when a specific attack is happening. To clarify, try d.o.t.ing an enemy then use an axe leap (2nd charge) and the affected enemy will get pushed around during the jump even if you aren't anywhere near them.

Kanta

Old Skool Apostle
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
If you break line of sight with zombie dwarven bowmen (the ones with the heavy crossbows) they will shoot two bolts in rapid fire instead of one when they see you again.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
I think (but am not certain) there is a glitch with the reset "whenever any monster is depleted" feature on the ms_monsterspawn entity.

As far as I can tell, If you have a group of monsters tied to an ms_monsterspawn that resets "whenever any monster is depleted" and there are still monsters left alive when the ms_monsterspawn gets triggered again, it has a high likelihood of breaking that particular monster, preventing him from ever respawning again. You will notice your monster group thinning out over time because of this and eventually they can all stop spawning entirely.

Edit: It's apparently not this simple but I can't seem to identify the cause.

Last edited:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
If you break line of sight with zombie dwarven bowmen (the ones with the heavy crossbows) they will shoot two bolts in rapid fire instead of one when they see you again.
Added to the list - been noticing something along those lines but couldn't put my finger on what it was.

I think (but am not certain) there is a glitch with the reset "whenever any monster is depleted" feature on the ms_monsterspawn entity.

Might try rigging up a simple box map to see if you can reproduce it reliably. Send it over with instructions, and we'll see if we can track down the cause.

If we can't, like some other bugs with monster spawn tracking, ya might have to rig up some alternative via multiple spawns and relays or some such.