INFO Latest Update News

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Been through that too for month and half with no internets. It's annoying really.

As for the changelog thingie, i can try making a thread here and quote all that in single posts (1 post per month release). I fear it would be kinda spammy though. Just tell me if you want me to start on it and i'll see to it later.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
As for the changelog thingie, i can try making a thread here and quote all that in single posts (1 post per month release). I fear it would be kinda spammy though. Just tell me if you want me to start on it and i'll see to it later.

Go ahead, if you wan... This section, I suppose... I can sticky it later. Just remember to start with the oldest patch, and there'll be some sort of semblance of order when we add to it later. (Even if the format kinda degrades as you go back in time.)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Always best to do this than have people who quit years/months ago come up to you and ask what's new since they last played...

My typical reaction to this:
fuuuu10.jpg

Anyways, i'm on it.

EDIT: Done.

MrJohnson

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Great work zeus, I was quite confused when searching for patch notes of older releases sometimes.
Many thanks.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
FER said:
http://www.thothie.com/ms/!msc_betapack_changelog.txt

Yeah... but we would never get to see this if no one asked about it.
Besides making a thread doesn't hurt my eyes (yes that notepad is too damn huge to bother reading stuff), not to mention that people would have to relink that many times whenever people wanted to see the logs.

MrJohnson said:
Great work zeus, I was quite confused when searching for patch notes of older releases sometimes.
Many thanks.

Thanks, hopefully this will lower the amount of people questioning me about msc on steam, and it's also good for newcomers i guess.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
zeus9860 said:
FER said:
http://www.thothie.com/ms/!msc_betapack_changelog.txt

Yeah... but we would never get to see this if no one asked about it.
Besides making a thread doesn't hurt my eyes (yes that notepad is too damn huge to bother reading stuff), not to mention that people would have to relink that many times whenever people wanted to see the logs.
Well, it's linked on the front page, and under the patch download section (or should be) - but yeah, it's BBCode formatted, so midas well have it posted it up somewhere that forum goers are less likely to ignore it. ;)

I seem to have misplaced my forum glue... I'll have Lord K sticky that as soon as he's free.

Wish I had changelogs running from January 2005 up until May 2006. :\ But those predate my receiving Lord K's blessing and fuxing with the scripts. Most of those patches just involved Dogg doing some technical and stability related stuff, rather than game changes or world expansion (we had a nasty memory leak at one point), though I was also doing some "extracurricular" map adding and patching during that time. ^_^

...Not to mention all the "Pre-Continued" changelogs going back to 1998 or so! :oldshock:

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
So i found an easter egg today :D on a certain map

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Lol, that crap popped on everyone's screen. tought i was getting hacked :p

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
lolz... Yeah... I really shoulda put a brush in there to make sure only persons entering the room got hit wit the gag...

Just got tired of people asking me to fix the room. Plus dubstep Beetlejuice was kinda irresistible.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
So just a heads up...

While I suspect we will not be ready for a Christmas release... We very likely will be having a patch come New Years, or shortly after... Provided progress continues at the current rate.

Just so the server hosts can be prepared...

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Thothie said:
So just a heads up...

While I suspect we will not be ready for a Christmas release... We very likely will be having a patch come New Years, or shortly after... Provided progress continues at the current rate.

Just so the server hosts can be prepared...

Meh, sadly i won't have much time to play ms:c in Christmas/new year, heavy duty in my job at this time of the year...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hey! It's 2013!

....AND THERE'S NO PATCH!!! :oldcry:

Meh, I suppose we almost never have a patch out on time - didn't think the year turning over again was going to change that. >_>

We're close though... Need to animate a boss and finish scripting him... Spruce up a map.... Add two weapons... Maybe another pot... Then good to go.

Meh, think I raged too hard on FER for that boss though... Was talking to him about the anims it needed for like two weeks... And when I checked in for progress at the end of it, he was all, "I'm supposed to be doing something?"... And I /RAGED all over him (though at least I also re-itemized the stuff we need done in the process). *sigh* Hopefully he'll come back. (Bad Thothie! ) Meanwhile, I'll do the anims myself, they'll just, suck more.

Also, someone yell at Lockdown to check his PMs... I can do his job too, but it'd be nice to know if he was going to do it for me. ;)

ETA: Within the week, I hope.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Im on it, tough you had asked for this before the xmas and new year.

Hakariaki

New Adventurer
The Dragonknights
Reaction score
Nice to hear a new patch is comming :) Great work and happy new year =)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Oh good, thought we lost ya there... ><
FER said:
Im on it, tough you had asked for this before the xmas and new year.
True, I did... Though not by a lot... I guess, miscommunicae as to what the thread was about, or something. Sowwies.

Heard back from Lockdown, seems he's just deciding where to cut the fat on his map.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Any word on the patch status? It has been a while since i played ms:c, time to change that :wink:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
j6Lha.jpg

Just finishing up one last boss script... Then re-write the FN readme a bit... Then get ahold of RKS...

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
/Hopes that soon means tommorow/day after in this case, hehe... xD

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, probably woulda meant tonight, but some bugger just dropped a $12k computer in my lap that I gotta fix. >_>

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
lol... delays delays! :roll:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Thothie must pay bills too! :oldcry:

Meh, just need one more attack on this boss... Alter which death anim he picks based on nme position (since he's so dern big)... Re-write FN readme with new stuffs (XP+Gold adjustments, servers)... And yeah, find RKS. Might as well send of an e-mail to him now...

The PSU on this thing is burned out... Gonna take me a bit to see if whatever broke that broke anything else on the unit. Running theory being that his UPS blew, and fried the puter (as UPS stopped working after things went to hell as well). I hate working on puters that nearly go for what my car bluebooks for, but I built it to order, so... >_>

(Maybe I can get some sh*t done while the burn in tests are going...)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I didn’t build it, so I can't help you. ;)

Hrmm... I think I need to setup some sort of multi-player test, before we do a full release on FN - just to make absolutely sure these XP multipliers aren't doing anything they shouldn't... Might need some volunteers to get that done in a hurry.

Meh, getting late though, especially in RKS ville... Dunno if I can get this puppy out tonight.