More Progress: Equipment Sockets

Lark

Old Skool Apostle
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Lead MSR Developer
Reaction score
See attached video. Equipment sockets on the character mesh are coming along. It's far from perfect - I could tinker with the positioning of the meshes when they're placed in the hands, but I'd rather move onto the next step: a Character Stats panel. There's also some minor glitches, like the Character clipping through the back of the Armor, but that has more to do with the UE4 Mannequin being an awkward size. Let me know what you think, thanks!
View attachment MSR_Equip.mp4

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Very nice, those models look amazing. And the interactions with the inventory panel look very smooth.

Are you still doing true fps camera, and how does that interact with the helm? It might be cool if the helm shows in first person, but it might also become annoying.

Anyway very exciting status update!

Lark

Old Skool Apostle
MSC Developer
Alpha Tester
MSR Developer
Lead MSR Developer
Reaction score
Very nice, those models look amazing. And the interactions with the inventory panel look very smooth.

Are you still doing true fps camera, and how does that interact with the helm? It might be cool if the helm shows in first person, but it might also become annoying.

Anyway very exciting status update!
Still doing True FPS, but I wanted to show the equipment in 3rd person for the video. The Head mesh and equipped item are hidden while in 1st person - still toying around with perspective options though.