[REL]The_wall

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Meh, all that censorship for nadda then.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
How to kill Ihotohr:

1) Drink a [certain potion], summon a [certain monster], make sure Ihotohr hits you once, and then attack your summon with some weapon. Somehow, Ihotohr will still be damaged.
NO WAIT
That got fixed in this patch. Seriously, I'm going to pimp slap the next person who claims you can still use this exploit, because it just doesn't work anymore. Play the game before you claim you know how to kill Ihotohr. And - if this is interesting - even I thought that was an exploit!!!
Not that I didn't use it though, against this excessively overpowered boss. But let's not get into that.

2) Stand on top of the ledge and cast AoE spells down into the arena. You can hit Ihotohr if:
  • He happens to stand in or near the volume of water.
  • He doesn't resist your magic (and he has some serious resistances).
You *might* be able to kill him if he doesn't "out-regen" your damage, but I've never seen in happen. And I'm not going to try either. I will make an educated guess though: It might be possible to AoE spell spam Ihotohr from above to his death, but this would take approximately two hours, at the very least. Like I said, I'm not going to try. Waste of time. And I haven't heard of anybody succeeding by using this method either.
Stoned, have you ever killed Ihotohr from up there? Or are you just posting random nonsense tactics again?
But in all seriousness: I will give a lightning rod to whoever can kill Ihotohr on [FN], solo, with a legal char, using magic only. That's how impossible it is.

3) Amass about twenty players in one server and zerg rush him to death. Only downside to this method is: No server can hold twenty players.

4) Solo him using pure skill. The method involved is not an exploit - this is presumably the reason why Oyster described it as an 'exploit' and not an exploit. Really, if this is an exploit, everything must be an exploit.
TheOysterHippopotami said:
I didn't actually realize it was an exploit.
That's because it's not an exploit. Hello?

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've seen him taken out by four players, legitly, in under 15 minutes... And that was with my n00b self feeding him twice (adding about 1400hp). I've also seen him taken by just two players at around level 35 in under 20 minutes, but I wasn't there in person to see it done (just reading the debug reports). I've never seen him solo'd though, tis why I r confused as how you do it without an exploit, or (more likely) what insane new exploit there maybe. He's setup with he intention that the can't be out-skilled, at least not by a single player, but maybe someone found a way.

TheOysterHippopotami

Active Adventurer
MSS Developer
DarkTide
Reaction score
Wait what? I can kill him in way less than 15 minutes completely by myself. I can probably do it in five minutes and I know people like JM, Zeus and Keldorn can do it far quicker than I can.

All you need to do is drink a certain potion and use ranged weaponry. Especially that one particular weapon that hits 4 times in a row. Honestly, I thought it was awarded as loot at the_wall for the very purpose of soloing ihotor. It's almost completely useless without that particular potion, after all.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
TheOysterHippopotami said:
Wait what? I can kill him in way less than 15 minutes completely by myself. I can probably do it in five minutes and I know people like JM, Zeus and Keldorn can do it far quicker than I can.

All you need to do is drink a certain potion and use ranged weaponry. Especially that one particular weapon that hits 4 times in a row. Honestly, I thought it was awarded as loot at the_wall for the very purpose of soloing ihotor. It's almost completely useless without that particular potion, after all.
Ye'd have to be more specific in an PM, as I've not seen what yer on about done, apparently.

Also you are making J-M very nervous. ;)

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders
Blades of Urdual
Alpha Tester
Reaction score
Lol'd.

zeus9860

Active Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Crusaders