The ultimate guilds guide!

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
P|Barnum said:
Also, about the date thing. I think there is a gap when talking about creation dates and guilds. There are the old guilds, then nothing for a while (as in, guilds would come up then die). Then guilds like RIP and tPoD came and have been here for almost two years. And its now nothing again, unless I am proved otherwise.
But what is your point...?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Monopoly on "one of the oldest guilds"! XD

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
This whole time I just wanted to know if we are every going to be recognized as an old guild (basically asking when the cut off date is :wink: ). Purely unnesessary, but just one more thing to complain *cough* ask about.

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Update!

1) Removed all dead guilds.
2) Added creation date for all guilds.

Guild timeline (oldest to newest):
DarkTide
The Blades of Urdual
RiP
The Pirates of Dreadwind
The Order of Muchahadeen
The Crusaders
S.H.I.T.
The Scouts of Valen
The Mushroom Kingdom
The Divine Wind

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I don't think he needs 5 members, but...

1. Don't quote a giant post like that. If you had just said "Forgot to add TDZ?", J-M would have figured it out.
2. J-M is one person.
3. Get *A* member.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Choosing a guild was actually pretty easy, in the sense that I didn't.

Back when I looked (late april) the guilds were basically tPoD, BoU and RiP.

I had played with mates from each guild, seen their actions on the forums, and didn't know which way to choose honestly.
Got caught up with a non-official guild (FSM) for a while. After they pretty much up and left for about a month I figured it was time to move on.

Was offered a spot with tPoD and accepted as quite a few mates in there at the time gave a great presence in game. Played with them for probably about two months. As the guild grew, I felt more detached from it, and had only felt that I related still to the people I had when I joined whom had all started playing less or not during my times.

So after a bit of more looking I decided not to leave for anything. Then while finally talking to mates of RiP about my issues, they offered me a spot and I accepted.

Honestly in my eyes there is nothing wrong with playing the field and being in a few guilds. A choice in a game should never be for life nor be "too serious". I enjoyed my time with each guild I had been in, and I'm happy where I ended up and having finally found what seemed the most perfect fit for me.

So just play, and keep your eyes open and try stuff out. You may just end up with a group who really turns this game into something better and makes your time even more worth it.

Tradion

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
*cough* darktide wasn't around till '02. Wildfire came out about a month before them and Wildfire came out early 02.. Almost sure, don't hold me to it.. But we'll go with 98% sure..

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The only part i'm not entirely sure about is if there was one before i started playing MS, i joined mid 2001 and there was no darktide at the time so

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Wildfire was indeed before Darktide if my memory serves right. As when I checked out all the guilds back when I played under "Bowman" it was between Valor And Wildfire as pretty much the only guilds.

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
The last serviving member of Wildfire booya! eat those tata's

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I probably could, but i like being the only member of a really old guild, Has the feel to it you know :p but i'll think about it

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
DarkTide started around when MasterSword was first created back in the apostle weapon days. Other then that I'm not to sure of its date but DarkTide was made during the creation of MasterSword so its creation date should be in the same year MasterSword was created for the first time, and if my memory serves me right (which it doesn't always) it was around in the year 2000 or some such. :?

Tradion

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Apostle weapons were still around in 2002, i remember because there was some acdx kid or something that hacked half of them. Then there was a huge debate over how to permaban him from the game. I just don't recall a darktide in 2001 at all, and was grouchy when they came around cuz i was in wildfire and it was competition for members or something of that effect

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
True I suppose but I spoke with my brother (one of the older devs) and he seemed to recall DarkTide around in 2000. :?

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
His name was FezDemon(Tylor) back in the day he went by "Captain Tylor" or something. :eek:

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Wrath said:
His name was FezDemon(Tylor) back in the day he went by "Captain Tylor" or something. :eek:
FezDemon? Honestly? I think that guy frequents flamehaus.com. He used to have an avatar that was a bobbing sponge. Weird humor.

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Yea but he was a developer back in the day. :eek:

ante_delonge

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I strongly remember FezDemon on these forums.

I don't know about DarkTide though, I didn't join until 2002 or so.