Vomika's Diary

Kermit

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSR Developer
Reaction score
First of all, big ups on your work as shown here.
It's great to see the mod being worked on again, I've followed this development for atleast 7 years.

Anyhow, I am very curious as to why you have blocked me? (added you on steam recently, in interest of the mod / contributing)

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
doesn't sound familiar but i do share my steam with my gf who plays l4d2 all the time so let me see what the deal is, whats your steam name?

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Nice work man! Looks like we have some viewmodel material here!

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Holy f*ck, it lives!

Could you head on over to the Source FTP (devs only link) and upload your current code progress, before your computer goes up in flames again or whatever? ...and preferably do so once a month or so?

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Please, using Git will make everything more manageable. There is really no reason to keep using FTP. :|

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Yeah the code is there on Github, I posted a link to it here http://www.msremake.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9756 so it's always available to download there. click on the "our frontpage" link, then in github click "download zip" on the right. Also yes I will make an occasional copy and throw it on the FTP :)

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Danke danke. Always want a couple different independent backups of these things. Sh*t happens.

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
right on! so whats complete and whats left on the to do list as for coding?

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Well I'm still getting things sorted out, giving visual studio 2015 a try and figuring out if will work with the sdk. Aside from that, the current coding is probably at 15%, so it's hard to say "what's left" when the answer is almost everything :)

Kermit

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSR Developer
Reaction score
BoX said:
Well I'm still getting things sorted out, giving visual studio 2015 a try and figuring out if will work with the sdk. Aside from that, the current coding is probably at 15%, so it's hard to say "what's left" when the answer is almost everything :)
15% is above 0% so keep it up BoX!

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
heyo!
sorry about the lack of updates lately, i had to battle some crazy virus i got and had to reinstall windows kind of a bummer.
but ive been trying to get some good looking metal going on here with my WIP of a rusty short sword.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9BjgfRqzDg

Kermit

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Nothing less than amazing work! Keep it up Vomika, I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many people, when I say that it is appreciated, what you are doing atm!

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Was dat kirby? Also holy shit your models are amazing, why not make them for MS:C where they might actually get ingame?

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Actually it was Kirby 64, after I finish the starter weapons I'm going to see what I can do about starter mobs like giant rats. Are we far along enough for npcs?

Monika's_BFFEx0256

Old Skool Apostle
Reaction score
Vomika7 said:
Actually it was Kirby 64, after I finish the starter weapons I'm going to see what I can do about starter mobs like giant rats. Are we far along enough for npcs?
I KNOW MY FUCKING 64 CHIPSETS! :mrgreen:

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Vomika7 said:
after I finish the starter weapons I'm going to see what I can do about starter mobs like giant rats. Are we far along enough for npcs?
Ya mias well start on it, as (hopefully) he'll need it sooner or later (granted he hasn't checked his messages since the 21st - but if not Box, the next guy).

If you wanna make a low poly variant, MSC could use a new mouse too - so unlike the weapons (which would end up looking like arse in Gldsrc), maybe you can kill two birds with one stone. SMD formatting is similar, and I can convert between the two. (Might not even need a low poly variant if it's <4K or so.)

Kermit

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSR Developer
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Vomika7 said:
after I finish the starter weapons I'm going to see what I can do about starter mobs like giant rats. Are we far along enough for npcs?
Ya mias well start on it, as (hopefully) he'll need it sooner or later (granted he hasn't checked his messages since the 21st - but if not Box, the next guy).
So as it is, there is no coder for MSS?

Again big Kudos for the work Vomika!