INFO What Do I Do If My Character Needs To Be Restored?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
alright I fixed your character, and just so you know your not actually apart of the tPoD guild, unless someone invited you without telling me considering I am the guild leader of it.

Mikkel invited him, I believe, and told you, too. At least, he posted about it somewhere.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
hmm can't find any info on it inside the guild thread where most requests go unless it dates back way long ago. Either way if mikkel invited him I am sure I will be informed of this at some point.

Mikkel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
hmm can't find any info on it inside the guild thread where most requests go unless it dates back way long ago. Either way if mikkel invited him I am sure I will be informed of this at some point.

Erhmm, I must have made a mistake. I've invited him.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Mikkel said:
Blasto121 said:

Erhmm, I must have made a mistake. I've invited him.

alright then I will add him to the list then.

Salina

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
Corrupted char

STEAM_0:0:12273683

Slot 1

26/01/2008
late night was ok char corrupted some time next day early morn

thank you

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
for what reason is this rollback being requested?

Salina

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
Corrupted Char? i have no been able to play for 2 days now thought was server problems but no one else had problems, and i came here and read the char bugg over flow error reports and realized this is the same problem i have after having few too many potions on my char . so please help as i spent lot time working my char
Cheers

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
I found no issues with your character, it loads just fine for me. Your character is only holding 43 items so your not even close to character corruption yet, I will move the character I was playing with over and maybe the new configuration of items will make a difference.

Salina

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
Blasto121 said:
I found no issues with your character, it loads just fine for me. Your character is only holding 43 items so your not even close to character corruption yet, I will move the character I was playing with over and maybe the new configuration of items will make a difference.
ok thanks as its just unplayable i have logged on and i cant cast or fight or equip items the delay is like 1 min or more at times i just stand and wait then nothing and before this happened i had over excessive items potions and it did warn me char could corrupt so i ran and sold all the potions but still seems not playable will retry now as you say its ok .
Also made another char and i dont havce issues like that witrh that char thats why i felt my char must of corrupted it warned me and i also did recieve messages of char overflows.
Cheers

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Does your name start with a space or something that isn't a letter/number? Or perhaps end in a space?

Salina

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:
Does your name start with a space or something that isn't a letter/number? Or perhaps end in a space?

I did have space and brackets but i changed name 1000 gold :=)
retried my char alas still not working have that long halt where i cant do nothing i even tried the char_recover map alas no luck i tried a old char i have level 0 no probs with that one gthen i delted it and made a new one in slot 2 and thats fine just slot one is corrupt in some way.
thanks for any help

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Change your name to something starting with letters.

Salina

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
Shurik3n said:

Logged in this morning on kuronekos server and its was ok at times had to relogg sometimes to get movements back but tried replicas server seems slow cant stand up sit and cast the rate is like few mins behind will keep trying thanks for all the help :)

Salina

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
Salina said:
Shurik3n said:

Logged in this morning on kuronekos server and its was ok at times had to relogg sometimes to get movements back but tried replicas server seems slow cant stand up sit and cast the rate is like few mins behind will keep trying thanks for all the help :)

Tried playing this morning and one guy complained he cant play when i load my char on that server i have cable 25 megabits i doubt that can be me? i cannot load other servers only 1 or 2 with my corrupted out char? any help as to what may be wrong here, the new char i made i dont have problem loading him on any server.

Salina

New Adventurer
Sons of Babel
DarkTide
Reaction score
Salina said:
Salina said:
Shurik3n said:

Tried playing this morning and one guy complained he cant play when i load my char on that server i have cable 25 megabits i doubt that can be me? i cannot load other servers only 1 or 2 with my corrupted out char? any help as to what may be wrong here, the new char i made i dont have problem loading him on any server.

Problem solved did 3 things all clear thanks for all your help :O Cheers!

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Need a rollback or a fix. I picked up an exhausted urdulian ring, or whatever its called, and went overflowing with 65 items. Tried every server thats up, and same thing happens. Tried Char_recover at the only empty server, without success. Happened around 15 minutes ago or so.

Steam_ID: STEAM_0:0:3506107
Slot: 1

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Done.

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Aw, damnit, overflowing again... I havnt even picked anything up this time, save a smal amount of gold. No idea when I last played and it worked, but I haven't made any progress anyway so just back it up to the same date as last time, unless its fixable :S

Slot 1
STEAM_0:0:3506107

Jon

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
I've just gotten done with reading all the rollback requests and noticed something... alot of the people who were experiencing the overflow problem picked up the urdual ring or some sort of ring. I dont know if its just a fluke, but its kinda odd that they had the rings and overflow in common.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
Tull said:
Aw, damnit, overflowing again... I havnt even picked anything up this time, save a smal amount of gold. No idea when I last played and it worked, but I haven't made any progress anyway so just back it up to the same date as last time, unless its fixable :S

Slot 1
STEAM_0:0:3506107

done

HumanSteak

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
With all these recent overflowing I'd suggest everybody to carry only the strict minimum :|.
Drop everything you don't intend to use until a specific situation that never happens like buff potions.
Weapons and scrolls you're not using should be transfered to a backup char.
I'm never carrying over than 45 things and I'd suggest to not go beyond 50, there seems to be something causing the 75 limit far beyond the overflow threat :?
Oh and above all, NO BAGS IN BAGS! (For those who don't know)