MAR2008a Bug Reports

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Try out the AOB on the Ultra-beta server when you get the chance, and also give me a heads up as to how the element resistance system goes now (I won't have a chance to try until it fills up a bit, seems to need more than 3 players to fubar).

There's also a nerfed Sorc chief on there... ATM all I've done is reduced his regen rate and some of his damage values... If that doesn't cut it, what I may do instead, is restore those, and remove his ability to regen from kills.

I do realize its mostly the room... Need more ways to get to the top, and perhaps an escape teleport.

Tripling the time that he waits to teleport should be good enough.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Eh, I think it needs more than that... Although he's already teleporting more often than he's supposed to, and I'm not sure why. He teleports as part of a cycle every few minutes, but also if he can't reach anyone for more than 20 seconds or so, he looks at the teleporters and tries to teleport to the one that has a player closest to it.

I think the main thing is his overall regen rate (sadly, I think more from kills than vampyric attacks), and the bit where the room has only one way up, and no escape. I've seen him get down to less than half and go straight to full so often... I also r wondering if that 25% regen cap for kills is working.

The LS wouldn't be so bad if the resistances were working, but right now, LS + Tornado + Some bad luck = insta-kill.

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Aische said:
no colour in health / mana displaying part of the hud is back for me

Seems to have been lost in the flood of bugs so I'll quote and confirm this. It only happens sometimes for me - if I restart the game it sometimes fixes, though sometimes it takes multiple restarts.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Goes in the category of ancient bugs that we've no idea what to do about. It'll usually go away with a re-opening of half-life, sometimes with a map change or reconnect.

We've had this ever since we fixed the bit where the health/mana bars would scroll to -32000 or what not and back again (took forever), so I susect it is related, if any of our coders want to take another stab to that.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
About runeblade: maybe you should add another charge that triggers the poison resist instead of getting it by default when you use it (recast it after you die), also maybe you should tweak the poison cloud the runeblade uses, maybe move it to 2nd charge and move acid bolt to 3rd charge, since that PS is quite weak

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
had some strange screen freezes today like ten seconds and at the end a massage in the upper right corner warning: CL_FlushEntityPackage or something like that dont know if the spelling is right caus its only displayed a second maybe less and doesnt show up in console

and another thing :
spotted some monsters on thornlands go braindead on player leave while trying to level my bank char wasnt able to reactivate ai by attacking em so i had to reload if u got some time it would be nice if u could look at that its no fun to fight monsters that dont attack at all and the worst u wont get parry by doing so :) ( the two infinite spawn green spiders and the 4 walking ashes in tha cave that leads to orlofs house and some of the smaler spiders ah and the wolf pack ) it was on thothies server and on the "< 400hp" server

and had no hud problems at all with feb a/b patch otherwise i wouldnt have mentioned it

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
CL_FlushEntityPackage happens when your connection is lagging really bad i think.

Monsters going braindead used to happen because of the chatbug, but this case is different maybe

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I've been taking note of mass Monster::Think-->Look errors when certain players disconnect (been looking into this - something about running IRelationship() on the disconnected client), I think it maybe somehow "the revenge of the chat bug". Using ms_reset_if_empty helps with this, but you might not want to set that if you use your server for other stuff, as it may annoy you having the server reset everytime the last player disconnects.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Here is some MOAR bugs.
1) Elite Blackhand Archers don't show their health bar when hurt while a Bloodstone Ring is equipped.
2) On Foutpost, monsters will forgo attacking the walls and platform and target you instead if you attack them.
3) UGA 2nd charge doesn't always produce the holy effect. Skeletons will, most of the time, get back up and fight if you use the 2nd charge on them.
4) Sir Geric's chamber door does not close, and the whirly effects on the portals aren't there.

EDIT: Oh, also, people are getting the 255 error when trying to join my server. I don't think this is a patch bug more than it is something wrong with my server, but I was just wondering. Eventually they get in, but it's after a few retries... If they're lucky.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
CrazyMonkeyDude said:
Here is some MOAR bugs.
1) Elite Blackhand Archers don't show their health bar when hurt while a Bloodstone Ring is equipped.
2) On Foutpost, monsters will forgo attacking the walls and platform and target you instead if you attack them.
3) UGA 2nd charge doesn't always produce the holy effect. Skeletons will, most of the time, get back up and fight if you use the 2nd charge on them.
4) Sir Geric's chamber door does not close, and the whirly effects on the portals aren't there.

EDIT: Oh, also, people are getting the 255 error when trying to join my server. I don't think this is a patch bug more than it is something wrong with my server, but I was just wondering. Eventually they get in, but it's after a few retries... If they're lucky.

2) Is game mechanics, unless Thothie can change target priority or summat.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
2, IIRC, is the way Foamy wanted it. Didn’t want them sitting there, twacking on the wall, and ignoring you pummeling them.

Even on Old_helena, on the critical_npc system, they’ll pull off from the critical NPC’s if you wack them enough, just takes awhile sometimes.

Tis strange, nothing different about them. :/

If you get the yellow glow, and they get back up, come back to me. Sometimes the holy effect doesn’t seem to apply to skeletons hit by the secondary blow (left or right, etc.)

That is downright odd. But what isn’t these days? *sigh*

Ye running AMX?

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm not running amx... Though with 2 I was standing on the platform casting PC... They just wandered around the platform instead of attacking it to get to me. I never noticed that happening before.

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Long standing bug, probably known, but I've never been warned about it in all this time playing. On certain maps (cleicert, ms_swamp, for example) there are transition points to non-existant maps. If a votemap to one of those is successful, the server gets locked on the current map - no amount of votemaps will change the map. It just keeps re-loading the same map. Except it's not even re-loading the map - the map is in the same condition as when the map changed.

brian4

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
TFL crest doesn't work. I say the password and he is like "Here is your crest, honored guild master." Yet he gives nothing. :(

Kazter

New Adventurer
Reaction score
omg im sad cuz i tryed joining server and says something .dll is differs from others and i never changed anything can you tell me whats wrong or what happened

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
subenji99 said:
Long standing bug, probably known, but I've never been warned about it in all this time playing. On certain maps (cleicert, ms_swamp, for example) there are transition points to non-existant maps. If a votemap to one of those is successful, the server gets locked on the current map - no amount of votemaps will change the map. It just keeps re-loading the same map. Except it's not even re-loading the map - the map is in the same condition as when the map changed.

This was one of the reasons AMX was used... Thoth is still trying to smooth this out.

I thought this was gone, actually. :|

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
AMX didn’t stop this… I think I can add a flag to the GM that will though.

omg im sad cuz i tryed joining server and says something .dll is differs from others and i never changed anything can you tell me whats wrong or what happened
Stickies: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3125

Albiet, we’ve too many stickies, maybe time to drop some. I think the installing with Steam one is no longer relevant…

TFL crest doesn't work. I say the password and he is like "Here is your crest, honored guild master." Yet he gives nothing.
I made the script, added to the guildmaster, and forgot to add it to the items list. :oops:

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
When Lodagond-1 is beaten, if people don't listen to the voice of logic/don't know and start the Lodagond-2 without it being out, the map will reload Lodagond - 1, already beaten and will refuse to vote to any other map.

Replica's server now has this due to Megatracker,Nando and Aische all voting yes as i was typing in the warning about the server more than likely going to crash/have issues. So if someone would somehow crash his server, or if he would reset it, that would be good.

Also steak reports that the Stability pots don't work with stuns all the time. As evidenced in this convo

Code:
Almighty Steak: G.Stone masons should be renamed to Greater Stun Masons
Almighty Steak: Well I get 100 on my stun rolls
Thraxis: *Shrugs*
Thraxis: so how did oyu get stunned
Thraxis: bug repotred
Thraxis: new sc.dll installed
Thraxis: Game time
Almighty Steak: Sometimes I get my helmet's roll
Thraxis: ...
Thraxis: Then you should report that?
Almighty Steak: NOU
Thraxis: guh, fine
Almighty Steak: XD
Thraxis: will just edit my post

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I added something to the GM's vote system that should prevent that sorta thing, but I can't think of a way to fix it manually off hand - ye may try starting a kick or pvp vote, or some such, and see if that resets the vote sys. If an admin is on admin_votemap works under a seperate system. Sadly, I also fixed the easist ways to crash the server that I can think of, off hand (lest you happen to have a character with 8 tome and a spare laying about).

Stellie's made it pretty clear to me that the stab pots are bjorked to hell. Sadly, I only had time to make sure they didn't crash the server - didn't actually test their effectiveness. I think I shall have to change the method. SOME things are going to have to be allowed to push you though, as they are designed to prevent you from being stuck into things... Also not sure if I can make them have any effect on map brushes (probably best that I don't for the same reasons).

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Changed the cvar ms_reset_if_empty to 1 to change the map. I REALLY dont want to see global admins or anything, but I could see the benefit of resting servers, or changing peoples names because of the stupid script lag from characters in front of their name. Although, the proper solution would just be to squash those bugs...

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Well thanks to some super seekrit commands (that now I wish I knew as this will probably happen as more people finish lolagond-1 and wont' be patient enough to realize that 2 - 4 isn't out yet), the server got back to edana.

All this after trying a combination of methods including the 9 spells memmed, amx commands (and getting reported to FN), votekick not enabled, voteban not enabled, a total of 6 containers in 1 container, and more than likely dooming my character by renaming him with a bunch of symbols and spaces, and last but not least more spell spam than I've ever seen from 3 people.

I'm glad to see a server run a map that once would crash at the mere mention of spell spam, hold strong to all this.

In the mean time, we should probably tell people NOT to vote for maps that AREN'T out yet *evil glare*

Edit: Also having thought that the nmauls ice wave charge was supposed to be 25 ice haven't said this till now, but is the nmaul 3rd charge broke/crazy? Full 26 blunt, 25 ice, still not available. Anyone know what the req is/is supposed to be?

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm probably looking at it wrong, but I see 15 ice and 27 blunt...

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I was on Thothie's server playing the_keep, and every bandit after the first elite bandit fight acted oddly: they couldnt move and only started to attack and hunt players after being attacked (still without moving from their spot)

EDIT: i also cant enter the basement in the house in mscave

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
EDIT: i also cant enter the basement in the house in mscave
Ye gotta spam +use on that door... I should switch it to a trigger, seeing as how I'm distro'ing the source with the betapack and a recompile is not a big deal.

[paraphrase] I was on ww3 and there was no door or teleporters at the end
All I can think of is you wound up on the old version of World Walker III. The current version is named ww3d.bsp - if ye wound up on the old version on FN, there's an issue. Granted, it seems people are able to vote for non-FN approved maps sometimes. (Someone voted for Helena2 on my server, somehow, not long ago.)