Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Ye old FEB2008 bugs be here

:arrow: = Working on it, :?: = wtf/unconfirmed, :idea: = fixed next release

Known issues
MAJOR
:idea: Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 255
- MOST hosts are now generating this to connecting clients, exceptions being my two servers, Mikkel's, and one of the passworded clan servers [EL]. No amount of reconnecting seems to help.
- Solution (hopefully temporary): Disable AMX
- Still got the problem? Delete admins.txt [yes, we realize this means you have no admins on listen servers, be fixed next month]
- STILL got the problem!? Hopefully fixed next month…
:arrow: Still getting No Free Edict Errors
- While, the relights in Calruin2 and ms_wicardoven helped a LOT, and some other stabs have been made at this, I expect you'll still be seeing more than enough of this type of server crash.
- Some stabs have been made at this on a case-by-base basis, but we've still no universal edict trackers
:idea: Vertex node out of field
- Clear internet cache, and download the betapack again.

MINOR
:?: Think blizzard needs to go back to impact projectile (having issues with that and the new sys)
:?: If you spawn with a rune blade in hand, it tends to mess up the elemental resistance system
- Not sure why this is, meantime, just be sure to sheath your rune blade before changing maps/logging off

Aesthetic
:?: Bludgeon Hammer hits with wrong side
- Suspect another case of "Your other left"

===================
Fixed in MAR2008b
- Sorc Chief WAY TOO STRONG
- Char_Recover generates "Vertex node out of field" error
- Massive Monster-->Look errors
- Element resist system fubars
- Potions of Stability very ineffective, and prevent usage of ice shield
===================

Ancient/Perpetual
Known Ancient bugs:
- People still can get stuck in each other on spawns. (Partly Map Flaw)
- Swimming in waterfalls (Map flaw - although deliberate on the new Helena).
- Become invisible when putting on armor (armor display bug work around, type 'vis' in console)
- All entities invisible bug (type kill in console to cure).
- Lights/sprites not going away / sticking to other objects
- Occasionally a weapon/spell will stop doing damage until it is unequipped then re-equipped.
- Occasional scrambled inventory: wearing potions/scrolls, etc. Usually caused by clicking on a character multiple times before load.
- Can't use charge attack in laggy conditions. (Work around: use +special or +uber)
- Sitting animation bugs (sometimes saves to character for awhile)
- All water sometimes goes white (texture stretch bug, restart)
- Mod_ExtraData Cacheing Failed: Listen servers must start on Edana, from there you can changelevel anywhere you want.
- Typing issues in chat. Especially with European keyboards.
- Prices over 32k register as negative on client.
- Health/mana indicator madness (see yonder)
- Small sack holds stuff it should not.
- Bank freaks if you have more than one of the ticket or item you are trying to trade
- Armor display bugs involving Gladiator and AoB. (Need new armor display sys)

Also Not liable to go away soon:
- Some monsters still capable of some acts while frozen (jumping, etc.)
- Orion Bow jamming sometimes, (I've no idea how to fix this without dropping the whole charged weapon concept.)
- Jumping from server to server without closing HL screws with FN functionality (solution: Close half-life before joining another game.)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Can't use charge attack in laggy conditions. (Work around: look at the floor and pray.)

Even if you don't consider it a full fix, +special is still a better suggestion than yours :roll:

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Heh, sry... Just haven't updated that in ages.

...I suppose the memory dealloc on transition bug is gone too, and *hopefully* the elemental stacks.

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
No worries ;-) I may take a swing at one or two of those this month, but you know my main goal. Speaking of which, I can haz list? XD

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
List?

Picadilly

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
After install, when I try to launch the server, it tells me that the sc.dll and ms.dll have mismatched versions, (feb2008 vs. march2008). I downloaded this betapack off of Thothie's site... The ms.dll was modified March 5th 6:22pm [GMT+8] and the sc.dll was modified March 6th 12:19pm [GMT+8].

***EDIT***

The betapack off of Thothie's site had the mismatched .dlls. The "main download" location has the right .dlls. Server working.

BTW, I've always wondered, do the SSE1 and SSE2 optimized .dlls make any difference on the server machine, or just the clients?

• Admin

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Just the server, does nothing for the clients.

As for the mismatch, ye may have downloaded it when I was updatin, or somethin.

Aische

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
no colour in health / mana displaying part of the hud is back for me

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I can't connect to either replica's server or the Revolution server due to "UserMsg: Not Present on Client 255" Both report game version MAR2008a in the game type though. As far as I know, no-one else has been able to connect to them either. the tPoD server and Hells Diner are still on FEB2008b for now. (I'm sure they'll get round to updating later today) However, we can all connect to Thothie's servers, both the newbie server and the ultra-beta server. This is probably not a bug, but those 2 servers updated too early or something, judging by Picadilly's post above.

So you know, I got the betapack from http://www.msremake.com/download.php using the Thothie.com mirror.

Thought I'd bring it up though.

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I'm getting the same error as subenji99 when I try to connect to the server. I've tried both betapacks.

TROOP EXTREME

New Adventurer
Reaction score
alot of people are having that same problem that and a psprite is missing what ever that is

i redid my server using 1.11 full and the march A patch and there seems to be alot of things failing

TROOP EXTREME

New Adventurer
Reaction score
here is another error for your list

cl: Error (CLIENT): Error: CHud::VidInit --> MS Vid_Initialization - pList Loop

with this old one as well

BAD: 7708:svc_bad
Wrote erroneous message to buffer.dat
Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 2

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Code:
Last 32 messages parsed.
4381 5536 svc_updateuserinfo
4448 0000 svc_resourcerequest
4448 0009 svc_resourcelocation
4448 0040 svc_resourcelist
4455 0008 svc_stufftext
4520 0000 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0015 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0030 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0045 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0060 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0075 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0090 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0105 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0120 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0135 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0150 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0165 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0180 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0195 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0210 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0225 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0240 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0255 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0270 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0285 svc_spawnstaticsound
4520 0300 svc_spawnbaseline
4520 7573 svc_time
4520 7578 svc_updateuserinfo
4520 7725 svc_updateuserinfo
4520 7844 svc_updateuserinfo
4520 7973 svc_lightstyle
BAD:  7976:svc_bad
Wrote erroneous message to buffer.dat
Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client 255
I get this when connecting to any MSC server, except my own, and Mikkel's.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the default ms.dll is corrupt somehow - as I'm using the SSE2 variant (maybe Mikkel is too, I've no way of testing). If it's not something along those lines, and none of my coder's have a clue, we may have hit a dead end. Doesn't look like anyone else has managed to connect to them either.

Could also be an AMX conflict.

This patch has just been made of phayle.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeah... I'm noticing that the bjorked servers are all running AMX, but the working servers are not.

*sigh* I wasn't intending to cut off AMX just yet, as we've no MOTD system, and no way to execute admin commands from the DS thus far. Plus, even what we do have working seems to do strange stuff from time to time.

PS. The Revolution server is also running a bot plugin - please do not run bot plugins in [FN] - there's no reason for that.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
*Removes AMX*...

We can still use Metamod without it borking right?

Also, where was the file to set admins in your own server (non amx) I can't find it >_<.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Belmont said:
*Removes AMX*...

We can still use Metamod without it borking right?

Also, where was the file to set admins in your own server (non amx) I can't find it >_<.
It's admins.txt - it's not included in the betapack (for obvious reasons) - not sure if it's part of the full installer. Just add the desired Steam ID's. If you want extra abilities, follow the steam ID with a space and add "rcon" or "cvar" (for admin_cvar/admin_rcon access). If you want to add comments, add them on a line above or below the SteamID, but preferably not on the same line.

Metamod *seems* to be okay so far. The [EL] clan server is using Pingbooster - which is something I am considering doing myself, as my server doesn't seem to be using the juice it should sometimes.

So if yer using AMX and Pingbooster, just comment the AMX line in your addons/metamod/plugins.ini

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I was just on Bloodrose and we were in the Atholo fight. I was wearing the Armor of Bravery, but i was losing XP still when I died.

I took off Metamod and AMX and the server accepts clients now. But, there's not connection to [FN] yet. We'll see if it comes back soon...

BTW, our server won't run with Metamod on...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I might have an idea on how to fix the AoB - probably just my server, and fuxing with the elemental resists.

What FN port are you on?

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I deleted AMX and have pingbooster on (Although I'm not too sure how it works, but it's giving me 500+ fps on the console screen instead of the usual 100+)

One thing though, FN connection seems to be broken on all servers except the ones mentioned earlier, I have checked if everthing was fine but nothing...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I'll look into that (sorry about the edit, just worried some bastard might try DOS attacks on the addie or some such.)

Picadilly

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Damn, no my bad, I thought only the pass was confidential, not the domain too, sorry. Also, will your restarter method work without the AMX heartbeat? I remembered one of the recent changelogs saying there was an internal heartbeat in the .dll now, but I might just be on crack. Also, I noticed there's no chatbot client. Is he gone with AMX too?

***EDIT***

[FN] is back up and working nicely now...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alright... They all seem to be updated proper - I restarted them all to make sure the updates propigated - take a shot at it now? (edit: guess so)

Damn, no my bad, I thought only the pass was confidential, not the domain too, sorry. Also, will your restarter method work without the AMX heartbeat? I remembered one of the recent changelogs saying there was an internal heartbeat in the .dll now, but I might just be on crack. Also, I noticed there's no chatbot client. Is he gone with AMX too?
Yes, the game detects my h4xed restarter and handles the AMX heartbeat function itself. There's no need for the chatbot anymore either (MIB fixed that back in JAN2008).

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Try out the AOB on the Ultra-beta server when you get the chance, and also give me a heads up as to how the element resistance system goes now (I won't have a chance to try until it fills up a bit, seems to need more than 3 players to fubar).

There's also a nerfed Sorc chief on there... ATM all I've done is reduced his regen rate and some of his damage values... If that doesn't cut it, what I may do instead, is restore those, and remove his ability to regen from kills.

I do realize its mostly the room... Need more ways to get to the top, and perhaps an escape teleport.

replica

New Adventurer
Reaction score
my server should be working now, i had to get rid of both AMX and metamod. :)