Vomika's Diary

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
working on an environment to showcase a bunch of stuff, heres a prop so far with a temporary skin. (still working on its teeth).
4evdtW8.png

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Go back and animate the rat. You'll be able to do a lot more for the game if you learn to bone and animate - it can't live on static props alone.

(Hell, if you can do that *I* might even look into trying to work with BoX's existing code until he shows up again. But I can't justify taking a shot at the thing if I have to do the same cookie cutter borrowed models thing everyone complains about in MSC.)

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
hm, if you can promise that, ill animate the weapons and the rat no problem.

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Amazing work all around Vomika! Keep using the ftp to post your zips! A few notes for you:
1)- Weapons: I will work them into the game as is, no need for any animation work. We may need a single NULL (bone) per weapon, as an attachment point for the hand, but I will get with you on that in the future. Also, we already have most of the "level 1" weapons ("rusty shortsword" for example) but your models are higher scale, so they can be used as "level 2" weapons! :)
2)- Monsters: awesome rat! We have a rat, but yours is better, so we will scrap it and use yours. If you wish to learn rigging, please do so, as I'm sure you have what it takes to do it well!
3)- We have potions in hand, no need for that. However, since you did the work, put your potion model(s) on the ftp and they can be used for props, or maybe for 'special' potions.

My internet availability will increase in the coming weeks, keep it up!!

BoX

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
ROCK solid work! :|

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
challenged myself to make some convincing gold materials.

https://youtu.be/k4FSeLMdAjc

I also started working on the temple of urdual, nothing to show really yet, just fleshing things out.

mega update 1/24/16
iyH90nE.png

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
whats up playas!
working on some conceptual architecture for the temple of balance.
jC3WcEM.jpg

Pazrico

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Some beautiful looking shit right there bro, creds. You planning to flesh it out yourself?

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
Absolutely! the conceptual phase is probably the hardest part honestly.

Kermit

Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
MSR Developer
Reaction score
that is indeed amazing, wow

Vomika7

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
Reaction score
afKeXxH.png
Started making some art style structure concepts, im imagining sort of darksiders inspired with the big bold eye catching shapes but style keeping a foot in realism when it comes to texture detail.