Yay, the USA is now... wahh!?

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GL07Ak02.html
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/06/100_days_since_.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1859768,00.html
Yep, American Military (navy, air force, army, etc, etc) is evil, isn't it? What with how they aren't violating peoples' rights.
And the CIA? Oh, how horrible! They attempted experimentations with mind-control, media manipulation, and advanced torturing techniques. They are also evil, what with how they never go after civilians, with the exception of those reasonably suspected of deep involvement of an armed organization that is an obstacle.

As to mercantilism...
Since I already mentioned it's about exporting more than you import, meaning trading with other countries, I'll just leave you with these few of many links, for online reference.
http://www.enotes.com/history-fact-finder/economics-business/what-mercantilism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercantilism

As to American foreign policy during the nineteenth century (1800's)... the first half, there wasn't much going on for America & International politics... of course, there had been a civil war, and the abolishment of slavery; so I think there was a good reason they weren't able to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
For the second half, I like to refer to "Brief History" in Wiki here, for a small tidbit of what there is...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_relations_of_the_United_States
Oh, and then there's the time-line...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_diplomatic_history
Here's a small cut out of that time-line, copy/pasted, and put into code format...
Code:
    * 1800 - Treaty of Monfortaine with France ends the Quasi-War and ends alliance of 1778
    * Early 1800s - Barbary Wars: Algiers, Morocco, Tripoli, and Tunis require U.S. to pay protection money; U.S. Navy sent in and forces abandonment of tribute; other states demanded tribute until 1815 when Stephen Decatur again prevailed.
    * 1803 - Louisiana Purchase from France for $15,000,000.
    * 1806 - Essex Case; British reverse policy and seize American ships trading with French colonies; U.S. responds with Non-Importation Act stopping imports of some items from Britain
    * 1806 - Napoleon issues Berlin Decree, a paper blockade of Britain
    * 1806 - Monroe-Pinkney Treaty with Britain; rejected by Jefferson
    * 1807-09 - Embargo Act, inclusive to all shipping exports.
    * 1807-12 - Impressment of 6,000 sailors from American ships with U.S. citizenship into the British Navy; Britain ignores vehement American protests
    * 1812 - Declaration of war against Britain, beginning the War of 1812.
    * 1814 - December 24: Treaty of Ghent ended the War of 1812, providing status quo ante bellum; Britain no longer needs impressment and stops
    * 1819 - Adams-Onís Treaty: Spain ceded Florida to U.S. for $5,000,000; U.S. agrees to assume claims against Spain, U.S. gives up claims to Texas.
    * 1823 - Monroe Doctrine. British propose U.S. join in stating that European powers not be permitted further American colonization. President James Monroe states it on December 2 as independent American policy.
    * 1833 - Argentina. U.S. Navy attacks the Falkland Islands, at the time under Argentine control, in retaliation for the seizing of U.S. ships fishing in Argentine waters.
    * 1837 - Caroline affair; Canadian military enters U.S. territory to burn a ship used by Canadian rebels.
    * 1838 - Aroostook War re: Maine-Canada border; no combat
    * 1842 - Webster-Ashburton Treaty-settled Maine-New Brunswick border and rest of U.S.-Canadian border, settling Aroostook War and Caroline affair.
    * 1844 - Oregon Question; U.S. and Britain at sword's point; "54-40 or fight" is American slogan; compromise reached splitting the region, with British Columbia to Britain, and Washington, Idaho, and Oregon to U.S.
    * 1844 - Treaty of Wanghia.
    * 1845 - James K. Polk Doctrine, Manifest Destiny.
    * 1845 - Annexation of Republic of Texas; Mexico breaks relations in retaliation
    * 1845 - Slidell Mission fails to avert war with Mexico
    * 1846 - Mexican–American War begins; Oregon settlement with Britain.
    * 1848 - Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo- settled Mexican-American War, Rio Grande as border of Texas, territory of New Mexico rest of west ceded to U.S., California ceded, U.S. paid Mexico $15,000,000 and assumed $3,250,000 liability against Mexico.
    * 1850 - Clayton-Bulwer Treaty. U.S. and Britain agreed that both nations were not to colonize or control any Central American republic, neither nation would seek exclusive control of Isthmian canal, if canal built protected by both nations for neutrality and security. Any canal built open to all nations on equal terms.
    * 1853 - Gadsden Purchase: purchase of 30,000 square miles (78,700 km²) in southern Arizona for $10,000,000 for purpose of railroad connections
    * 1854 - Kanagawa Treaty; Matthew Perry to Tokyo in 1853; returning 1854 with seven warships; treaty opened two Japanese ports and guaranteeing safety of shipwrecked U.S. seamen.
    * 1857 - Nicaragua; U.S. Navy forces the surrender of filibusterer William Walker, who had tried to seize control of the country.
    * 1861 - President Abraham Lincoln proclaims blockade of Confederate States of America, giving it some legitimacy
    * 1861-65 - Lincoln threatens war against any country that recognizes the Confederacy; no country does so
    * 1864-65 - Maximilian Affair: In defiance of the Monroe Doctrine, French Emperor Napoleon III placed Archduke Maximilian on Mexican throne, U.S. warns France against intervention, with 50,000 combat troops being sent to the Mexican border by President Andrew Johnson; Maximillian overthrown
    * 1867 - Alaska purchase: U.S. purchases Alaska from Russia for $7,200,000.
    * 1868 - Treaty on Naturalization with North German Confederation marked first recognition by a European power of the right of its subjects to become naturalized U.S. citizens.
    * 1868 - Burlingame Treaty established formal friendly relations with China and placed them on most favoured nation status, Chinese immigration encouraged; reversed in 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act.
    * 1872 - Alabama Claims. During the American Civil War, Confederate States of America raider CSS Alabama built in Britain, U.S. claimed direct and collateral damage against Britain, awarded $15,500,000 by international tribunal.
    * 1891 - Baltimore Crisis, minor scuffle with Chile.
    * 1893 - Hawaii; January 16 to April 1. Business community overthrows Queen Liliuokalani and proclaims provisional government; U.S. Marines landed to protect American lives; Hawaii and President Harrison agree to annexation but treaty withdrawn by President Grover Cleveland who rejects annexation
    * 1898 - De Lôme Letter: Spanish minister writes disparagingly of President William McKinley
    * 1898 - Spanish-American War; combat lasted less than 6 months
    * 1898 - Treaty of Paris
    * 1898 - Hawaii; July 7. The Newlands Resolution in Congress annexes the Hawaiian Republic, with full U.S. citizenship for inhabitants regardless of race
    * 1899-1901 - Philippine-American War, commonly known as the "Philippine Insurrection".
    * 1899 - Open Door Policy for equal trading rights inside China; accepted by Britain, Germany, France, Italy, Russia and Japan

Albeit... I don't know why you're bringing Mercantilism and US Foreign Policy from the 19th century into this, Sabre... but whatever, you seem to like to be irrelevant.

EDIT:
Oh... and...
Pretty.... Monroe Doctrine... famous historical instance schools dedicate a full hour to at some point or another... early 1800's. Foreign affairs. :)

Kieuseru

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I'm just going to say the facts from what I've seen. This has ascended into a higher form of stupidity. It's not the blatant kind usually accompanied with drool, but of the cesspool of bickering... for what? In all seriousness you Netrogor have forced my hand(I hate dictators, really I do). One after the other you got them to look into the phail box, Sabre, then Red-whatever-it-was, and anyone else you've tricked. Thothie, well he is a triple I, wouldn't you people say so?
And since I know you don't know that I know you don't know, I'm going to have to settle with branding all squabblers "Seal of Infinite Phail" Don't feel to bad, I'll just greet you with phail forever now in-game. I of course expect the same treatment so as not to be of equal moral phail, but of equal treatment.

Anyone who took this seriously has been branded.
fail.jpg

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Everyone brought up some good points.

I still don't like being called a terrorist though. :oldangry:

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
HomestarR said:
What are you talking about? Everyone brought up some good points.

I still don't like being called a terrorist though. :oldangry:
No one does...Not even the Iranians. I don't blame you, I blame the 'higher-ups.'

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Kieuseru said:
Red-whatever-it-was

It's Cell man. Red CELL. It's 4 extra letters. COME ON. That's just plain mean. It took longer to type out -whatever-it-was then to just look at one of my posts and type Cell.

EDIT: Oh and I took it seriously. It's in the serious forum.

i serious.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hehe, Jabba has a nice finalization of this thread... in that it can end with that.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Hehe, Jabba has a nice finalization of this thread... in that it can end with that.
Thought you didn't want to end.

Cuith

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Its not fun anymore, because I've spewed my hate into it. I should see a doctor about it, I guess.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Sabre, I already got out final points... even to your irrelevant ones. There's nothing left to counter, and no reason to let you rage by continuing it. :)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I was done until I saw this:

Netrogor said:
Albeit... I don't know why you're bringing Mercantilism and US Foreign Policy from the 19th century into this, Sabre... but whatever, you seem to like to be irrelevant.
W
T
F

YOU brought mercantilism into this.
And by the by I do not consider wikis credible backings of arguments...You know, just like real debaters.

CrazyMonkeyDude

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Sabre said:

Netrogor said:
W
T
F

And by the by I do not consider wikis credible backings of arguments...You know, just like real debaters.

Zing, tbh

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Sabre said:

Netrogor said:
W
T
F

Oh, sorry, Sabre. That was Red Cell (in the sense he said something about Foreign Affairs). I mistook you for him, since you both seem so alike. Now stop bickering. :)

EDIT2:
Changed wording in final sentence (before this one).

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I've lost all respect for you Netrogor.

You can't even tell the difference between two different people.

HomestarR

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Are you both done yet? Ok, he had a differing view than you both, so what? There is no need to be rude. Losing respect for someone for confusing two anonymous people over the internet who were arguing the same side? It happens. I know that this isn't a sport, but at least try to show good sportsmanship and tact. Acting like e-bullies. How pathetic. The saddest part is that you don't realize that he won the argument.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
HomestarR said:
Are you both done yet? Ok, he had a differing view than you both, so what? There is no need to be rude. Losing respect for someone for confusing two anonymous people over the internet who were arguing the same side? It happens. I know that this isn't a sport, but at least try to show good sportsmanship and tact. Acting like e-bullies. How pathetic. The saddest part is that you don't realize that he won the argument.
I don't mind that he has a differing view...Problem was, he refused to even consider accepting other ideas, and refuting said ideas with completely irrelevant things...Also, making insults...Even if he was joking around, he posted in a Serious Discussion forum, ergo he should make his points in a serious manner. (And not to be technical, but there is no win/lose in a debate ;) )

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Seriously, I could keep debating with him. But it's pretty pointless seeing how he avoids certain issues and is so grounded in his "o great" ways, I don't even want to bother with it.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
I can't read very many posts in this thread without feeling my heart break... It's just, really sad, and I know where it's going to go...

*sigh*

For Netrog, HomestarR, and anyone else who think it's time to kill the Durka Durka's... Free up two hours, get yourself a nice tall cup of java, sit down, relax, and watch some propaganda.

As for the other extremists, that think America, Bush, and everyone with any power or money is pure evil – remember these are freaking human beings, not comical villains out for power for power’s sake: they have human goals. They believe what’s good for them and theirs is what is in turn good for the nation and the world. It’s not a vast conspiracy so much as a mish mash of human follies trying to do the best they can for their people, even if you don’t agree with their methods, you have to agree with the motivation.

But it's so much easier to make people more or less than human to feel better about one's self or one's own, tis the route most people tend to take, regardless of which side of the issue they fall.

Netrogor

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Hehe, Thothie made good points, mostly... except saying I want to kill Iranians or other middle-easterns. I already clarified this, but oh well, I'll do it again... when I said "DURKAH DURKAH" I was making fun of the language, since Arabic sounds funny. At least, it does to me. I didn't put that down out of anger, hate, or animosity of any sort.
Everyone, Thothie included, needs to stop slurring the meaning of my words. That be all, other than that one line Thothie's points are valid. :)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Netrogor said:
Hehe, Thothie made good points, mostly... except saying I want to kill Iranians or other middle-easterns. I already clarified this, but oh well, I'll do it again... when I said "DURKAH DURKAH" I was making fun of the language, since Arabic sounds funny. At least, it does to me. I didn't put that down out of anger, hate, or animosity of any sort.
Everyone, Thothie included, needs to stop slurring the meaning of my words. That be all, other than that one line Thothie's points are valid. :)
Now let me just ask you this;
Have you ever heard more than two minutes of a clear, audible Arabic conversation (Not a poorly recorded hostage video)?

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
MOVE TO NO MANS LAND PLOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie said:
Some Propganda

Not saying what side I'm on, just kinda curious. If you think it's all propaganda and such, how would you explain the quote from (hell if I remember..) that banker guy (The one who told his friend that there would be a horrible event happening to America in a few months [this was pre 911], and that it would cause us to go into a unneeded war with Iraq, along with a lot of other things that would give him, and others like him, a HUUUGE amount of power)

No matter what side you take, you really have to wonder about that quote, so I'm just kinda curious what you make of it ;-)