MAR2008a Bug Reports

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Alright, fixed the blood drinker thing. All links to the interim patch have been updated. Clear your damned caches - I'm not making anymore links to the interim patch for ye folks that, "gotta have it now". ;)

You'll know you have the right version if it contains a text file called: "Maldora_Fix_and_blood_drinker_fix_included.txt"

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Thothie. I just wanted to say that if there was no lady X and I was a beautiful wumanz

You'd so get a big *hug* and "You are my hero" speech.

Will load this and test it solo. Or is beta server up to date?

Edit: Also, yes the boss chamber has been lengthened by about 2 - 3 x the size it was when me crow and shuri ran it about a month ago now. Yes it does have a tele out and pillars to dodge/hide behind.

Edit#2: Won't be able to test as I promised rickler i'd have the music done this weekend. And I'm officially out of time :p

J-M v2.5.5

BANNED
BANNED
Reaction score
Thothie said:
BTW - I *still* haven't seen the new Lodagond-4 Boss Chamber... I hope it's quite a bit bigger than the one I saw there originally, with some cover, and maybe an exit, as Maldora would be impossible in the original.
*cough*BSP Viewer*cough*

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Maldora is really resistant to holy magic, I have tested it both via Rebuke and the Golden Axe Rebuke, both test gave very low damage, and I think you said he should take a fair ammount of damage via holy magic...

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure this is a bug however maldora was casting most of his magics at once.

For instance, he'd be able to do the CL that hops between players, while casting either his barrier or boulders, while ontop of that being able to cast the lightning that locks onto a single player.

We got him down to his last red bar, but from there things went haywire as he seemed to become pissed and letting everything he had fly at the same time.

Anyway, he is beatable, the room is adequate for moving around and hiding from his attacks. Just going to need 4 - 5 really good people to be able to bring him down even with great equipment and strategy.

Thraxis

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Double post for GREAT justice.

Three things

A) Maldora was brought down to his demise.

B) There was no chest/reward (besides massive xp)

C) He spawned again about a minute and a half after we killed him.

Most epic day, EVAR

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
J-M v2.5.5 said:
Thothie said:
BTW - I *still* haven't seen the new Lodagond-4 Boss Chamber... I hope it's quite a bit bigger than the one I saw there originally, with some cover, and maybe an exit, as Maldora would be impossible in the original.
*cough*BSP Viewer*cough*

True, but you don’t see models and such with that.

Maldora is really resistant to holy magic, I have tested it both via Rebuke and the Golden Axe Rebuke, both test gave very low damage, and I think you said he should take a fair ammount of damage via holy magic...
Does seem more resistant than he should be. He’s got a lot of armor, so you gotta work through that too, but I’ll check the script.

Thraxis said:
I'm not 100% sure this is a bug however maldora was casting most of his magics at once.

For instance, he'd be able to do the CL that hops between players, while casting either his barrier or boulders, while ontop of that being able to cast the lightning that locks onto a single player.

We got him down to his last red bar, but from there things went haywire as he seemed to become pissed and letting everything he had fly at the same time.

Anyway, he is beatable, the room is adequate for moving around and hiding from his attacks. Just going to need 4 - 5 really good people to be able to bring him down even with great equipment and strategy.

Both he and his fragments SHOULD be able to barrier and cast spells at the same time. He has a spell which switches his weapon type, and that one allows a subsequent spell to go off pretty soon there after (as it doesn’t do any damage), but otherwise, spells should show up about every 5 seconds or so.

PS. TBH - the model I got for Maldora from Sabre wasn't setup right, but I didn't have time to send it back to him before the MAR release. It doesn't have the axe setup as a submodel group, which is why there's some odd behavior with it. (ie. Shadow follows him isn't the same color as his actual axe, that his fragments have an 'afterimage' of the axe when they glow, etc.)

Thraxis said:
Double post for GREAT justice.

Three things

A) Maldora was brought down to his demise.

B) There was no chest/reward (besides massive xp)

C) He spawned again about a minute and a half after we killed him.

Most epic day, EVAR

That would be CROW’s fault, not mine. ;)

There is a chest designed for this. I told him which it is. I guess he didn’t put it in. :/

I thought the room should be a bit bigger (maybe 1 more set of pillars wide on either side), and I still think he's a *little* too mean, but so long as he's defeatable, I suppose I should be satisfied with that.

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Also Crow. Only way that happens is if the monsterspawn is setup with multiple lives.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Didn't know you wanted a submodel for Maldora ><

I'll cook it up right nao.
EDIT: Mail. You've got it.

Blasto121

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
The Pirates of Dreadwind
Reaction score
alright so this has been bugging me for a while since the new patch, but it makes it hard to test characters when the game won't start in lan mode....

it will seem to work once or twice assuming it doesn't crash after clicking the character, or crash when opening the inventory. Anyway this is what the console reports:

BUILD 3932 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 4
cl: Error (CLIENT): Error: CHud::VidInit --> MS Vid_Initialization - pList Loop
Host_Error: UserMsg: Not Present on Client

subenji99

New Adventurer
Reaction score
Whenever I got that, if I reconnected to join instead of restarting MS:C first, I would get incorrect or garbled textures in my health/mana meters.

I also often get the "white health/mana meters" only if I use Steam Friends or the servers screen outside of MS:C and instantly join game, so Steam loads MS:C and joins without ever seeing the menu. I'm not totally sure on both of those happening every time or I would have brought them up before now.

Dudeman418

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
I only get the Health and Mana display bug(it's either white with no colour, or got some weird textures on it; numbers and such) when I join an unpatched server.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Two thing about the ic mages in lodagond-1:

- after their death, some players have the ice beam attached to them to dead bodies and such

-the last remaining mage goes warp crazy, he basically disappeard for a while, reappear and warps again as soon as he touches the ground

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
FER said:
Two thing about the ic mages in lodagond-1:

- after their death, some players have the ice beam attached to them to dead bodies and such

-the last remaining mage goes warp crazy, he basically disappeard for a while, reappear and warps again as soon as he touches the ground

I thought I set them to remove their beam on death... I may not have set them to remove the notification that they are using a teleporter on death though (this prevents them from trying to use the same teleporter at the same time.) If all the teleporters are marked as in use, that could happen. Shall examine.

FER

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Another problem here. Maldora didnt seem to get healed when he kills players (under latest loda-4 compile) with the exception of one player

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
That... Doesn't seem possible... Lest maybe you were on my server, and I accidentally packed my sc.dll to the server. (Which I think I may have, but I didn't notice anyone doing Lodagond)

In anycase, he'll be under a new system next month, so we'll see what bugs we get with that instead, I suppose.

evilsquirrel

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Game stopping error:

Could not release P-buffer from render texture

AND

Could not bind P-buffer to render texture

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Hmm... Map's finished several times now without that error. Mayhaps yer gfx card is overheating and dropping commands?

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Um, I don't remember seeing this posted before, but on Lodagond-1 the cold lady's freeze attack stuck with me after I died from it, and it continued to do damage and I couldn't move. It's happened twice to me and to one other player. I don't know if it's a MarchA problem only, as the server I had this happen on was a MarchA server.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
That has sadly happened since the release...

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Happens when the freezing beam hits you and kills you and the actual freeze doesnt get time to initiate before death.

Slaytanic_pb

New Adventurer
The True Followers of the Lost
Reaction score
Tull, now that you mention it, I did die by the beam and then the freeze kicks in after I respawn, only to almost kill me again...

Thothie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MSC Archivist
Reaction score
Yeeeah, I spotted that one, forgot to add it to the "to fix" list... No idea what causes it off hand though - all effects are supposed to be removed when you die. Tull's theory seems possible - but if that's the case, all I can do is have the Cold Lady make sure you are still in range when she applies the actual freeze.