• Nope

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
We see Rune Shields all the time, and the fact that they look kinda crappy is kinda annoying(Especially with that offcenter texture ><), so I made it anew.

screen-2.gif

That's the rview; don't mind the arm going through the shield. I can't get the fuxing worldviews to compile, so if you guys like what you see, I'll send what I got to Orochi and Thothie, so ye can see it in the next patch.

Note: the back does not have the rune on it, and the rune and the five bosses are spherical and protruding.
Second note: The textures took me all of five minutes...But I like them, so don't expect changes. (Cept for the edge texture, I used the same one from the first runeshield.)

Shurik3n

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I like the rune shield how it is, I just wish it had a higher res/on center texture.

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Idk, it doesn't look like a rune shield to me, but it looks damn fine!

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
We can always repurpose it, of course. I'll see if I can pretty up the original as well.

Jelly

Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Actually, MS:C would look really awesome, and much better than many other mods, if only everything was covered in high-res textures. :roll:

Tull

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Looks really nice, 'cept the center thingey with the squares that looks weird. But it's not very runey, tbh.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Tull said:
Looks really nice, 'cept the center thingey with the squares that looks weird. But it's not very runey, tbh.
Heh, in designing it I was sticking by the original skin, which is a + inside a circle...But no matter, I'm scrapping this as a rune shield, and trying to take the existing skin and give it a minor redux.

New idea :idea:
I can put a jewel in the middle, and make this a shield for the Deralia Royal Guard, which I just made up :p

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
I prefer the current rune shield. It definitely looks like it is supposed to look.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
Alright, using my Photoshop hax, I have dissected the skin, and soon I shall make it a bit crisper, not to mention on center ;)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
BAM!
comp.jpg

That's probably the best I can get, since the original skin was tiny, and rectangular, which gave the rune an oval shape. I isolated the + and the ring around it, and then I made a new backing for them, and then added a bit of shading at the original spots, and then the same for lightening. Most importantly, I got the whole ring in, and centered it on the shield.

EDIT: It will look brighter in-game, so I might darken it up a bit, pending opinions.

Fehi

New Adventurer
Reaction score
That's nice but I would not like to see the other shield go to waste. I say post both of them and allow the people to choose. Old, SHD (Slightly HD) Rune shield or new SD rune shield.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Sabre, little request.

Could you get the Urdualian shield texture and modify it to it fits on your first shield and then upload it?

I would do it myself but right now my GIMP refuses to work.

(I request this because U. shield is just too big and the first model looks awesome!)

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I don't have a worldmodel for the first shield, it refuses to compile...

Brainstorm some uses for said shield, please. Maybe I can get MiB to make it happen, or something.

Belmont

New Adventurer
Blades of Urdual
Reaction score
Oh crap, I might just replace the normal rune shield for the U. shield because it's just too big. (I love playing in 3rd person >_<)

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
Sabre said:

Brainstorm some uses for said shield, please. Maybe I can get MiB to make it happen, or something.

Make what happen? :|

Not a fan of how the shield looks metallic.

Wrath

New Adventurer
Reaction score
I think the first shield you posted should be a little more icy. :eek:

villager

New Adventurer
RiP
Reaction score
Sabre said:
BAM!
comp.jpg

That's probably the best I can get, since the original skin was tiny, and rectangular, which gave the rune an oval shape. I isolated the + and the ring around it, and then I made a new backing for them, and then added a bit of shading at the original spots, and then the same for lightening. Most importantly, I got the whole ring in, and centered it on the shield.

EDIT: It will look brighter in-game, so I might darken it up a bit, pending opinions.
I think the shield should look more stone and less metallic, but other that it looks awesome :D

PBarnum

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
My shield will stay as is.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
The Man In Black said:
Sabre said:

Make what happen? :|

Not a fan of how the shield looks metallic.
Which shield?

The Man In Black

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RiP
Reaction score
The rune shield. It should be stoney.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I'll probably darken it up, then.

Red Cell

New Adventurer
MSS Developer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
6lkkilu.jpg

Okay I fixed it.

Sabre

New Adventurer
MSC Developer
RiP
Reaction score
I lmao'd XD.
I forgot to 'stone up' the Rune Shield, but haven't been able to anyways. Expect a couple changes this week, or something.